cardio without using the lower half

melly76

Cathlete
Hi,
While the doctors are doing tests,i havebeen advised to rest my lower body joints asmuchas possible.I am not used to rest and would stilllike to keep fit.is there any cardio intervals i could without using my lower half and any cathe dvds anyonecould recommend that don't use your lower half but give a good workout.Many thanks,mel

Lower half

I am going to have foot surgery next week and it will be several months before I can do my normal workouts. But I am planning to continue my workouts. My gym has two upper-boy cardio machines: one is a rope on a pulley that simulates rope climbing. The other is an arm cycle. I also plan to continue upper body weight workouts and when my foot can take it I will do floor work for my lower body. Hopefully I won't lose too much ground during my recovery.

I have heard shadow boxing or boxing with a heavy bag is a great upper body cardio workout. If you don't have a heavy bag, you can always just sit in a chair (or whatever is comfortable for your hip) and jab continuously. You'd be surprised but it will get your hear rate up. If you want to increase the intensity you can use weighted gloves or hold light weights in your hands. Of course, this will also work your shoulder muscles really well too.

Hope that helped

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.