Can you give me a massive butt?

ChubbyChick

Hi,
(Grin) I'm new to your tapes and just started trying to come up with a decent collection. So far I have two step tapes :powermax and bodymax, I got Power circuit and just got Leaner legs. I am not doing too bad considering I only started last month ... 4 in one month sounds pretty good to me!
I need a huge butt. Please say you can give me a big massive butt! This is my quest! My genes conspire against me ... its teeny weeny and almost non existent. I have firm tapes and I spin too. So far the stick legs are now nicely toned, maybe even defined, they no longer look bad in shorts (took me 2 years!)but I have no butt. I dont think my tallbox helps, I get results from floorwork though...anyway I know I wont get a bubble butt ... but a little oomph would be nice...I am waiting to get LL by mail soon and hope it will help me. What else would you suggest? By the way, the people on your board are really strong women...I have seen posts referring to 45 lbs on their barbells! Hope I eventually get that strong!

I too have a relatively flat rear by nature. But I have given it a lot more shape over the past decade of working out. However, I thought that stepping on a high step helped a lot. I also think that lunges help. I do all varities, but feel that walking lunges feel most effective. They really hit the lower part where the glutes and thighs tie together. I do them with 50 pound dumbells (25 each side). Push yourself--but do so gradually. I also do lots of leg lifts/extensions back when I step to hit the higher part of the glutes. I will often substitute them for knee ups. I really think about squeezing those glutes too. Keep your back straight, don't arch it. If you belong to a gym (I don't) do them on a pully system with added resistance. Or strap on some ankle weights and do them at home. Good luck. Jeanne

I'm not Cathe, but I am a self-proclaimed graduate of the pancake butt club. I don't know exactly when my butt tranformed, but I'll tell you what I think has helped me. I do 45 minutes of cardio 3-4 days a week (with at least half step work), one 45-minute standing legs workout per week with the heaviest weight I can stand with good form (including squats, lunges, static lunges, and dips), at least one 20-minute floorwork workout with the heaviest ankle weights I can stand with good form, and 2 slow/heavy total body workouts that include tall box leg presses. On the leg presses I noticed better results when I actually lower my butt a couple of inches below my knee before stepping up, making sure the weight is in my heel, and not letting the knee come over the toes. Of course, that's if you don't have bad knees.

That's what worked for my butt, but if anyone can help with upper body sculpting, I would be so grateful!

Good luck. :)

Just want to second Hollycat's form recommendation for step ups. I also find it helps when I lift my toe just the second before pushing up, since it keys me in to keeping the weight in my heel.

Ok, Ok...I'm not Cathe. I hereby, unselfishly grant each of you three pounds of bun meat to distribute where and how you like.

Seriously, stepping contoured my rear end like I can't believe. Lunges and squats may not give you "massive butt", however, in my case it has finished the work of the step tapes. It did nothing for the 10 extra pounds I have on my hip area. And, since I don't seem to have any takers of my offer, I might have to resort to actually improving my diet further.

Becoming serious here, that is a tough area to deal with. I'm interest to see if Cathe has any tips on this issue.

DM

Hi!
Thanks for the suggestions...OH I would gladly take the butt donations! (grin) I was trying on those low rise jeans and felt really frustrated...they were very comfy but I wish they had something to hold on to. So I went home and did SL which I havent done in ages ( i swore I never would )...I survived it! It has 160 leg presses. So I am hoping if I work either that or leaner legs I will get results.

Hey there!
Is it chubby girl or chubby chick? I thought I saw you post under both unless my eyes are going bad! :)
I will say that there are few things sexier to me than a woman with a well shaped butt working out on a climber! Makes me thankful that 2 of the spinning bikes in the cardio room at my health club are in the back of the room!! lol! :)
Anyway..........I digress!
I think everyone's suggestions are great. One thing I do to really hit the butt is place the top half of each foot off the top part of the plate on the leg press machine when I do presses. This puts your legs up higher and forces your butt down in the seat. I get great isolation with this. Just be careful since only half of your feet are on the plate. :)
I also would continue squatting with wide stance as well as close stance. Squats are great anytime. Also I have heard that stiff legged deadlifts are the absolute best exercise for shaping the butt. Lastly I would go heavier on the weights with less reps(8-10) for size.
Good luck and keep working. You will get there!! I have gained some size in my posterior region and if I can do it then I know you can also. :)
Trevor :-jumpy

Trevor, you sly dog, spinning there in the back of the room!
I'll have to tell Eric your suggestions, as he was born with no butt...as he says, he has to carry two wallets to have any definition back there!
Ruth ;-)

Hi,
Either of the two will do...I could never tell which one it lets me posts under! Is that why guys take the back bikes in spinning class? Hahaha. See! I knew it...women definitely must have massive butts! I will try that leg press suggestion, so far everything I do seem to target legs ... one person here who will not whine about thighs at all. Spinning did wonders for them.

Hey Chick,
Lemme know how it works for you ok? Focus on squeezing the muscle as you work it and picture it in your mind. There's another machine at the club where you put your foot in and push it up behind you. This works the butt well also but I cannot remember what it's called. I'll find out and let ya know unless you already know what I mean.
Sculpted thighs are awesome too you know. Can you tell I am into the lower body? ;-)
If you are into spinning I admire you alot because I know from experience how tough those classes are! Therefore, I'll call you "chick" and just drop the "chubby" part if you don't mind. Ok?
Stay focused on that butt girl! You'll get there!
Trevor :)

That's funny Ruth! You two need to get over to Big Vanilla and work with me you know! :)
And yes, the back of the spinning class and/or cardio room is my domain! lol! Hey, I know how hard those ladies are working and I am just admiring the results! Gets my mind off all my suffering during a very intense session too! hehehe :) We have one girl in there who does a virtual striptease thru an hourlong session.......very interesting to say the least. Shedding clothes left and right as we spin.
I know what you're thinking......"what a pig!" Right? lol
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Great glutes

I'm also willing to be a donor as I seem to have more than my share ;-).

You might check a few things to make sure you're making the most of your spinning sessions. It'll be familiar if you're actually doing Johnny G Spinning & your instructors are up to date on their training. Cadence (rpm) on the flats should be 90-110 & 60-80 on "climbs". A cadence > 110 is the equivilent of using too light of weight for strength training (ineffective). Use a heart rate monitor to make sure you're working at the right level. Most people find they've been working at too low of a level when they buy a hrm. Keep your weight over the pedals - your arms are almost always for balance only. Are you using cleated shoes? They really help to target the hamstrings & glutes.

Really focus on your "climbs" as that's when you use the glutes & hamstrings. Push back on the saddle on a seated climb & use a challenging level of tension (that's where the cadence check & hrm are useful). On standing climbs, really focus on pulling that pedal up rather than just stomping down.

Some women really put on a show in Spinning classes. Lots of low cut bra tops. Don't know how the guys concentrate!

RE: Great glutes

I love spinning. I remember when I first started I went nuts ... did lots of classes, now I try to go when I can, Im not hooked on it anymore. I think of it as another great form of cardio. Our gym is set up so theres a small studio for it and the front and both sides of the room have mirrors and the lights get dimmed. There's the main core group of regulars and we know each other mostly because we all started rather fat and got addicted and shrank pretty quick. So we are all kind of fond of each other. We all have the dri-fit shirts and the clip on shoes and go to 12 hour spinathons. It's fun.

Thou speaketh of the Amazing Butt blaster,sire. Our gym has it not. If it did, the ladies would argue over it. We would have to put them to sleep.

Trevor, never would I think that of you! You're just too sweet to be a pig. There's nothing wrong with a little healthy appreciation, especially if you know what work was involved in getting there!
The kind of guy who turns me off is the leering beer belly guy who thinks all women should be...whatever his thing is...but nothing is required in return! Yuck!
SO glad to have you back on the forum!
OK, what is the Big Vanilla?
Ruth ;-)

We're glad to see you actively posting again, Trevor.

Know who has the best glutes.....guys who do martial arts! And gals, too, I suppose. I only look at the guys' butts! Anyone wanting to shape up their posterior may want to add in some Taebo (or some other kickbox tapes) to their routines.

A guy in our church has a martial arts studio, and I know that's all he does workout wise, and he has an AWESOME physique! He won't wear shorts (as in Bermuda), only long pants, and I would pay money to see him in short pants. I CAN tell that he has good glutes, however. Enough of that! Billy Blanks had a great build, and he is way over 50, I'm sure.

Hi Chubbychick! Well after reading all of these posts, I can't think of anymore suggestions. They are all taken,;-)! Butt, ha, I will say that this has been quite a humorous thread and I got a great laugh. Trevor, you are just too funny!

martial arts

Maybe it's just me, but I've found that doing martial arts gives me a FLAT butt if I don't make sure to keep up with step ups and such.

Hey Ruth!
Big Vanilla is the health club where I workout here in Arnold, Md. Thought you lived near here?
T. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.