bulkiness

runner

I need help. i am a runner averaging about 50-60 miles per week. i do MIS two times a week using a 35lb barbell and 20lbs for all the rest of the leg work that you don't use the barbell for. i have been doing this for a little over a month, and i also should mention for the upper body part of MIS, i use the same weights as you. i have seen great results but in the last few weeks, people have been asking me if i am on steroids.

Also, i am a competitive runner and do 5k's in 20-21 minutes. i am short, about 5 feet tall. i really am bulky partly because of my genetics. i can't limit my food intake b/c of my running and i eat very healthy not limiting myself but not over indulging. what should i do? i love lifting weights and running but in my competive runs, the other girls are soooo skinny and slender and can't believe how muscular i am. help. :-hmmm

I understand how you feel!! I'm 5'1" and I love lifting weights and being muscular. You said you've seen great results, so I'm assuming that you like your muscular apperance. While I'm not Cathe, I have to ask, isn't that what counts? I used to want to be real skinny, but now I don't. Muscle is beautiful!! Besides, what I've heard is that most runners(obviously not you) do nothing but run and tear down their body and joints. What you do is cross train with weights!! It will help your joints!! I'm not going to tell you what to do, but IMHO, you're doing the right thing by lifting weights:)!!

Hi! If being very muscular is bothering you then you simply need to cut back on the amount of weight that you are using and let some of your hard earned muscle atrophy. But if I read you correctly, you said that you love lifting weights and that you are getting great results. With that, I'm under the impression that you enjoy a muscular physique. If that is the case, then when that start gun goes off in your next race, use those muscular legs, power on by your competition, and WIN!!!!

P.S. Be proud of your genetics ;-)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.