Bouncing back after baby #3

Michele S

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I'm looking for a little of your expertise here.

I had baby #3 (Isabella Cecelia) on May 5th and I'm just starting to get back in the work out mode. I've started out slowly and have just started doing the CTX workouts, hoping to kick it up a notch. I'm also waiting for a pair of running shoes that I've ordered to come in so I can start a running program, too.

My niece is getting married September 10th and I'd LOVE to look like my old self by then, or at least a similar version. Is this a possible goal, and if so, can you recommend a past rotation that will help me out?

Thanks!
Michele

Congratulations Michelle...mommy of 3 :)

You are on the right road by starting back gradually and waiting on a pair of running shoes to supplement with your cross training activities. Remember to listen to your body everyday. If one day it says "I am way too tired", take that day off. If you are feeling extra energetic on a particular day, tack on an additional 15 intense minutes to your existing workout.

Eat clean, drink water, try to sleep hard (your saying "with 3 kids and one being a new born....I don't think so" ;-) ).

As far as fitness is concerned try not to do more than 5 to 6 workouts a week.

Burning off 500 additional calories a day and eating 500 calories less per day will help you safely lose 1.5 to 2 pounds per week. Any more than that will have you losing muscle, good nutrients, and skin elasticity too (not good).

Good Luck!

Cathe -

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I've been on this forum for YEARS and I still get SO EXCITED when I see you've answered my post!

Thanks, Chi-town, too, for listing the rotations for me. I'm going to check them out now!

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.