BMR/TDEE Activity Level? HELP!!

mrsprincess07

Cathlete
I started training for a 5k this week and the training is for the next 8 weeks (walk jog). After that point I plan on doing another 5-8 week training session for running. Now this in my mind changes my activity level from Moderate to something more... Am I right?

Here's the weekly Breakdown of what I do: (otherwise, I am sedentary)

* 2-3 days of Strength or Circuits (High Reps, STS TB, MM, Gym Styles, Travel Fit, ect)
* 1-2 days of Indoor Cardio (Step, Kickbox, Low Impact Aerobics)
* 3 days of Walk/Jog intervals for 20-30 minutes- really gets my HR up there!
** 3 low-moderate to moderate intensity walks (30-50 minutes) but will increase up to 5 per week once the final cold/snow/rain snap breaks. Mind you, I DO NOT walk slow, I've got speedy feet even when I try to go slower.

I do my indoor cardio on different days then the strength/circuits (both in the morning) and my intervals and walks at night so I'm pretty much doing something at least 6 days per week. 3 of those days I do something twice and as the weather progresses it could go up to 4-5 days of 2 sessions.

My current BMR/TDEE level is set at 3-5 days of moderate activity. I'm hardly losing and if anything, I'm bouncing bwt the same 2 pounds lost and gained. A couple of months ago I was averaging 1 pound per week. I have been activity trying to lose weight again for the past 4 weeks and it literally stays the same or like I said, I bounce around withing a couple of pounds. I track calories and eat fairly healthy- I'm not a fast food or junk eater and I get 35-45 grams of fiber everyday from natural sources. And as you can see from above, I really don't want to add even more exercise as this is a good level for me and something that I can maintain especially next year when we move south (no snow! WOO HOO). I do eat one meal a week out but I don't gorge. It's my treat I guess. If I do get dessert, it's shared or I order a mini blizzard from DQ.

My Body Fat is 31% and I weigh 208. I want to get back into a Size 8 and approx 170 lbs
BMR = 1734 and with TDEE (at mod level) = 2685
I eat bwt 2050 and 2250 depending on the day. When I'm doing the double-days, I eat a little more, closer to 2200-2250. Overall it should produce at least a .75 lbs to 1 lbs loss per week.

SO basically, do I need to increase my activity level from Moderate to something more like *active* or *very active*?

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.