Best exercices for the butt!

NathL

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
My legs are rather strong but I feel that my butt need some thightening up! What exercices would be the most effective for that? (I don't mind switching from one DVD to an another)
Thanks
Nathalie

Hi Nathalie! Squats give a nice butt....followed by all forms of lunges....followed by floorwork exercises like the pizza press move. A combo of these three exercises is ideal. If I had to recommend a video that would give you "best butt" results I would say my Butts and Gutts or STS Meso One Leg workouts.

Good Luck!

Hi Cathe,
My legs are rather strong but I feel that my butt need some thightening up! What exercices would be the most effective for that? (I don't mind switching from one DVD to an another)
Thanks
Nathalie

Also, check out October issue of Oxygen mag which has a special feature on butt exercises. there are some innovative and tough ones there that will do the job of shaping.

Clare

Thanks Cathe for such a quick response! I'll make such to do these type of exercises more often.
Nathalie

Also, check out October issue of Oxygen mag which has a special feature on butt exercises. there are some innovative and tough ones there that will do the job of shaping.

Clare

Thank you Clare for that suggestion. I'll try to see if I can find this magazine.
Nathalie

On Butts and Guts, there's a premix called something like glute blast or butt blast or lower-body blast. I recommend doing that one, but between the warm-up and the body of the exercise, sandwich in the floor work segment (especially the exercises done in table-top position). That way, you stimulate the glutes before doing the rest of the exercises. I find it's a very successful recipe for glute DOMS, and an effective glute workout.

Kathryn- just did the premix you recommended (Leg Blast) and my legs felt like they were made of rubber so many times throughout the workout. I think Cathe took every exercise I hate, or is hard for me, and did them about 4 times each!

Gosh, for those who haven't tried this premix, you must! If this doesn't give you a great butt and legs, I really don't know what will. Plus, it has a nice cardio factor.

I have to say that after doing butts & guts for awhile I had the nicest shaped butt I've ever had in my entire life. I didn't know it was possible. I LOVE this dvd!

Kathryn- just did the premix you recommended (Leg Blast) and my legs felt like they were made of rubber so many times throughout the workout. I think Cathe took every exercise I hate, or is hard for me, and did them about 4 times each!

Gosh, for those who haven't tried this premix, you must! If this doesn't give you a great butt and legs, I really don't know what will. Plus, it has a nice cardio factor.
Did you do it with the floor work sandwiched in, as I suggested above? That REALLY hits the glutes, IMO. (Though it's quite a premix without that added butt burn factor, LOL!)

No, Kathryn, I just did the premix. Next time, I'll do the floorwork between the warm-up and premix, like you suggested. I wanted to see how the premix was w/o your added torture. Now I know!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.