barbell or dumbbells in mis

reba

I was wondering if any of you ladies use dumbells when doing squats? and if there was a difference in the way it effects the muscles. i have heard of people using cords does anyone use these? I have a step that has cords at the end of the step. I can do squats on my step, it also has a bar and hand cuffs that came with it. what"s the difference between the barbell resting on the shouiders or dumbbells at your side? I would also like know of a good intermediate cardio tape without alot of jumping around i have weak ankles.

Hi Reba! The highest priority is doing a squat in a way which is comfortable for you. After that, all other options are there for variety so that your muscles keep responding in slightly different ways. Good Luck!

I find that dumbbells held at my sides get in my way when doing squats, so I use a barbell. I don't have a huge selection of aerobic tapes but one intermediate one that I do have--and ENJOY-- and that doesn't seem to involve too much impact is Reebok Aerostep. I copied this from www.ginmiller.com :

Step Up to a New Level of Fitness" The Reebok Aerostep Workout is a unique combination of step training and aerobic dance which will burn calories, add variety and make you feel great. Step Reebok creator, Gin Miller will lead you through an innovative aerobics and step training workout designed for all fitness levels. In this continuous five segment program, The Reebok Aerostep Workout maximizes the contouring benefits of both lateral and vertical movement patterns helping you achieve a sleeker more elegant shape. As the intensity builds, lights, music and the power of this workout will propel you to a higher plane of fitness and personal potential. THE WORKOUT: Warm-up 8 min., Tribal Fire-up 8 min., Rhythmic Blues 8 min., Rock Step Pyramid 8 min., Vibrant Jazz Medley 8 min., Total Groove Plateau 8 min., Cool-Down/Stretch 3 min.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.