Apple/Cone shaped people

ChubbyChick

Hi,
I need to figure out if apples/cones should stick to low weight high rep routines...I read it in a book called escape your shape and just wanted to check with more experienced exercisers what they think. I am 5'4 and 143 lbs and most of my weight is in my belly and chest...I started using an easy split routine (Corey E's basic split) and The Firm's volume 1 and I have added Powermax (which is doing amazing things...3 workouts and the belly pooch is shrinking! It doesnt even require ab work!) and I spin occassionally. I am not sure if I want the PS series or S&H or if the advise from that book is right I should go for power hour instead of the split routines...help!

It has always been my experience that using different types of rotations is the best way to go, regardless of your body type. Use your current rotaion while you are seeing results, but when they stop,( i.e., you "plateau"), changing to PS or SH might just be the best option. You'll see posts where Cathe describes "shocking" the muscles. Muscles adapt over time so changing how you work them every now and again just makes sense.

Hope this helps:)

Bobbi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.