? About Upper Arms

KathyH

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and Everyone! My question is that I've built my upper arms well except for the fact that they just look big instead of cut. How does one get that V shape on the side of the arm? Is it doing rear delt raises? I eat a clean diet so I don't know what's wrong. PLEASE HELP! Anyone? Thanks so much, Kathy

Hey Kathy,
Good question. I have just noticed in the past 2 months that I finally have a small noticable v shape in my arms. I went from 2 days of strength training to 3 and I think that did it. I have cut a lot of fat off my arms. I went to a party this weekend and for the first time I got a compliment from a guy. He asked if I Bowflex, he said you have great definition in your arms, boy did that make me feel good. He was pretty buff police officer. But, I think doing the rear delt raises really does the trick. Amy Jo

Hi Amyjohauge! Congratulations on what you've accomplished! What's your rotation like? How do you fit it all in? I'm hitting my upper body pretty hard but only once a week. Is that what I'm doing wrong? When you follow Cathe's tapes, do you add on extra exercises? Thanks for replying and helping me. Best, Kathy

Hey Cathe,
It's not very easy to get it all in, but I manage. I have two little girls 5 and 8, so it does get challenging. My cardio varies, I do any of cathe cardio tapes, (no certain rotation) plus one day of Tae-bo. I do 5 cardio workouts a week ranging from 30 to 60 minutes. I do this in the morning from 5:00 to 6:00a.m. Then when my kids go to bed at night I do 60 min. (M,W,Sat.)of weight lifting. I can't seem to lift in the morning. I have more energy to lift in the afternoon. Right now I am doing an 8 week rotation of PS CST and PS B/Abs and MIS on Saturday. I do add on Tricep dips and kickbacks, when I can. I keep a set of 8lb weights laying around in my living room and when ever I have 10 min, I pick them up and do 3 sets of 16. I was using 5lbs for a long time and found that the 8lbs were more challenging and boy did I see a difference in my triceps after a while. I also have a card table chair that I do my dips on up stairs. All I can say is maybe try adding on one more day and make sure you keep adding weight so you are constantly challenging yourself. Hope this helps. Amy Jo Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

Hi Amy! Wow what I wouldn't give to work out in the am as well as the pm! I have to get up at 5:30 in order to head into the city for a full-time job so I can only work out at 8:30 p.m. I have a 9 yr. old boy and I work out after I've put him to bed. I do 3 days a week of cardio and I do heavy duty time for my upper body. I'm lifting 3 sets of each body part at 20 reps giving me a total of 60 reps. Weight ranges from 10-20 lb. dumbbells as well as using either a 25 lb. or 30 lb. barbell. I don't know what to do. I started a circuit training program instead of this one but sort of just stayed right where I am. I think I'll try adding 2 or 3 times a week of the circuit training program giving it enough time to see some results. Thanks so much for all of your help. Best, Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.