? about static lunges

jnka825

Cathlete
Hello all,

Sometimes when I do ME, and I get to the static lunges, the back leg will start to burn in the calf. Is that normal or is my form off? I cannot tell. I do feel it in my hip flexor, but should the calf be burning too?

Thanks for the input! Cannot wait for Shock Cardio!

Kristin

I don't know the answer, but just wanted to let you know I feel the same thing -- I hate static lunges!!! I thought maybe it was that I had a tendon cut and repaired (it seems to hurt more on that side). I'll be curious about what the experts say!

Hello all,

Sometimes when I do ME, and I get to the static lunges, the back leg will start to burn in the calf. Is that normal or is my form off? I cannot tell. I do feel it in my hip flexor, but should the calf be burning too?

Thanks for the input! Cannot wait for Shock Cardio!

Kristin

Sounds to me like your form might be off, but I don't know what you are doing to feel this burn in the calf. The burn for me is in the quad of the rear leg more than anywhere else. When you perform static lunges, are you thinking to yourself, "push off from the heel of the front leg?" This is where we are supposed to be concentrating on our form. Personally, I feel lunges working on the glutes and quads of the front leg more when performing walking lunges. But, sorry, I never feel it burn in the calf muscle......Don't really know what else to tell you.

Clare

I am bumping this question up for you. I hope Cathe can give you an answer. I also tend to feel it my rear calf and my front quad.

Jenn

I've seen this question asked several times before, so you're not the only one this is happening to. If you do a search, you may be able to find Cathe's answer (I'm pretty sure she answered the question in another post not too very long ago. Or maybe it was in one of the Cathetv videos--does that sound familiar to anyone?).

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.