? about the one legged squat in Butts & Gutts

ladubose

Cathlete
When I do the one legged squats in Butts & Gutts I tend to feel it more in thr front of hip & thigh of the back leg than I feel it in the front leg, am I doing it wrong? Cathe says in the video that we should be feeling it in the Butt and hamstring of the front leg. I thought my stance was to wide but it looks similar to the girls in the video. I am pretty flexible but feel this more like a stretch in the back leg. Any ideas???

Not Cathe, but...
Try it with fewer risers.
Be sure to press through the front heel and think of sitting back into the glute of the front leg.
Try it with no weights (it's still an effective move) until you get the feel right.

Also not Cathe, but I had the same problem. My hip flexors on my rear leg were KILLING me during those.
I shifted my weight to have most of it on that front leg. The rear one is really just hanging back there lightly touching the step. That made a HUGE difference.
Maybe check out your weight distribution and make sure you're favoring the front leg, rather than evenly distributing the weight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.