Ab Question

Faythe

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-03 AT 03:48PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-03 AT 03:47 PM (Est)[/font]

Hi Cathe,
I am anxiously awaiting my Intensity series/DVD's. :-jumpy It looks great from what I've seen on this site. Anyway, my question is this: It's hard for me to do crunches with straight arms over head. Why is this a better move and why is it better than a regular crunch?
Also, I was sick a week and didn't workout (2 wks ago) and then last wk I was only able to work out 3 times and today, when I did S&H it was really more challenging then usual. Could I loose that much strength so quickly?
Thanks for your help,
Faythe

Hi Faythe! Anytime you extend your arms or legs away from the center of your body, you are increasing the lever length, therfore increasing the intensity of the exercise. But if you cannot do this exercise without experiencing unusual discomfort, then you should keep your hands behind your head. A good idea is to work into it gradually. Do a few with your arms extended and then place your hands behind your head again. Over time it may get easier but if it doesn't, simply do the exercise with your hands supporting your neck.

Your body uses up an enormous amount of energy when fighting off sickness. This is most likely the reason for the lethargic reaction. Usually after the first week though, you will feel yourself getting back to normal rather quickly. Take Care!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.