8 and 12

krassymira

Cathlete
Dear Cathe,
I recently purchased the York dumbbell rack for which you kindly showed me the link and I love it! I also decided to get the dumbbells, but York doesnt make 8 and 12's! They make 7.5 and 12.5! I was disappointed to discover that! Please tell me if I can use those instead of 8 and 12? Would it really make that much of a difference? I can get them from another brand but then my set wouldnt be completely matching :(
I'd greatly appreciate your input!
Best: Krasy

Dear Cathe,
I recently purchased the York dumbbell rack for which you kindly showed me the link and I love it! I also decided to get the dumbbells, but York doesnt make 8 and 12's! They make 7.5 and 12.5! I was disappointed to discover that! Please tell me if I can use those instead of 8 and 12? Would it really make that much of a difference? I can get them from another brand but then my set wouldnt be completely matching :(
I'd greatly appreciate your input!
Best: Krasy

Hi Krasy! If a matching set is what you really want, a half pound is not going to make enough of a difference overall. Now if were talking about STS though, a half pound does make a difference for the smaller muscle groups and that is why we are using the micro-load gloves in these workouts (which allows you to increase your weight in one to two pound increments vs having to buy an additional one pound heavier dumbbell).

Have fun with your new toys :D

micro-load weighted gloves

Cathe, are the micro-load gloves the ones in your shop or are they something new?

Shani

Cathe- I did a Yahoo search for these but nothing came up related - EXCEPT your STS FAQ blog! Thats a GOOD THING! lol

Can you share where/brand you recommend please.

Yes, it would be great to know if the micro-loaded gloves will be out before STS comes out! I have Pace Weights, but having a few more increments would be wonderful! :D

obviously not Cathe, but I purchased Cathe's weighted KB gloves on her ShopCathe site, and in the zipper pouch on the outside of each glove, there are small "beenie bag" type weights (2 in each - .5 lbs each) that you can keep or remove in those .5 # increments. I find that these gloves flop around a bid when "fully loaded" and find that sometimes the wrist band seems a bit tight or uncomfortable, but last time I used them I wrapped one round of sports tape and that seems to hold things better...

anyway, could this be what Cathe is talking about for microloading?

obviously not Cathe, but I purchased Cathe's weighted KB gloves on her ShopCathe site, and in the zipper pouch on the outside of each glove, there are small "beenie bag" type weights (2 in each - .5 lbs each) that you can keep or remove in those .5 # increments. I find that these gloves flop around a bid when "fully loaded" and find that sometimes the wrist band seems a bit tight or uncomfortable, but last time I used them I wrapped one round of sports tape and that seems to hold things better...

anyway, could this be what Cathe is talking about for microloading?

Oh Dani I hope not!:confused: I have those & my hands are so small that they flop & flop- you are better than I, as I wouldnt go thru all that trouble w/ sports tape..I just let my clients with larger hands use them.:). I use the regular weighted gloves (like the ones you talk about) only for Kickboxing - my Turbo Jam gloves fit like they were made for me.
*I really wasnt aware of the little puch - so thanks for that tidbit!:D

Hi Traci :)

I saw the Turbo Jamb gloves on a tidbit of Chalene's infomercial with the weights centered on the palms so you grab them rather than on the back side where, like you said and I have experienced, they flop! I'll check those out! Thanks for the info ;)

I am ISO new gloves so hopefully Cathe will have some advise on this topic :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.