4DS HIS

xiangnimen

Cathlete
Hi Cathe/SNM -

I did 4DS HIS today but decided to use the premix using weights first and then do the step portion. I noticed in the Workout Manager that doing the weights first premix really changed the calorie burn. Weights first was like 361, but if it was step first it was 393. Does it really affect how many calories are burned just by switching the order around? I found that interesting. Just wondering what your thoughts were on that. Thanks!! Looking forward to the new DVDS!!! :D

Not SNM ----;-)

Without speculating, I suggest you set your heart monitor to get the answer to your question.

Pls share the outcome with us :)

Last edited:
Workout Manager Calories burned

When it comes to calories burned the exercise order really doesn't matter as long as the effort remains the same. However, when you do weights first it may fatigue you so that the calories burned in the cardio section are less because your effort is less.

But anytime you see a calories burned calculation it's only a rough estimate and there is a large degree of error. In the above example you may burn more calories in the weight section by doing weights first, but because you're fatigued your effort may or may not be less in the cardio section. Since cardio burns more calories during the workout than the weight section your total calories burned may be slightly less if you do weights first, but the amount is insignificant if it even exist at all.

Also, don't get hung up on calories burned during exercise. You also have to consider the increase in calories burned after your workout from the afterburn effect. Even if you burn slightly less calories by doing weights first during your workout, you could burn more overall calories during the next 24 hours if your effort was increased during the weight section by doing weights before cardio.

Regardless, I doubt you will find a huge difference in calories burned no matter which exercise order you select. Exercise order has more to do with what you want to focus on the most and which order you enjoy the most.

Hi, for my I feel more burn When I do cardio first, I'm doing 4DS this is my second week monday tru Thursday and friday and sat lower and upper body pyramid but 30 min cardio before and it is amazing.

Thank you for taking the time to respond SNM. Exercising seems to be a continuous learning process, always trying to figure things out and finding what works best for you. I always appreciate your feedback. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.