10 10 10

Hi Cathe,

I just wanted to inform you on my bad news and to see if there's anything I can do for modifications. I was doing this specific video for the first time on Sunday and when we went into that new move when you skip forward and backward on the board, my bench did a trick on me and my right foot slipped off and in result I sprained and twisted my ankle and broke my foot. I am truly devastated right now and crave working out. Please suggest something I can do to stay in shape. Thanks!

Not Cathe, but...

Candy, I am so sorry for you! I don't really know what kind of cardio you can keep doing, but it seems to me that you can continue with strength work, I guess as long as your foot & ankle are stabilized. I hope that Cathe answers this post for you soon, & I really hope that your injury heals fast!!

Terrible news!!

I'm so sorry Candy - best wishes for a speedy recovery!! Take care!
Erica

Oh What Terrible News!

This should teach all of us to make sure our steps are secure!
Maybe you can do upper body from the 6 pack while you recover!
Get well sooon,
Maria

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really appreciate such fast nice thoughts and apologies! It makes me feel good. I guess I have to now concentrate on weight training instead of aerobics. I'll miss all the cardio work as well as just jammin with those video's. I must have gotten carried away having too much fun and failed to think about safety. Thanks guys for makin me feel good!

Sad news Candy!

Sorry to hear about your accident! Hope it heals quickly for you and get some good use out of those upperbody tapes
happy.gif

Hey...how about warming up with some of the kickboxing punching drills from a chair?

nancy:O)

Candy, you poor thing!!

I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. Get Well Soon
sad.gif
!

Enough Said!

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-04-00 AT 08:29PM (EST)</font></center>

Thanks for everyone's concern. With all this love you've sent it makes my pain go away!

Sorry about your foot, Candy

I fell two times during that video...first time doing it. I didn't slow down enough to get the footing right on the grapevine sidekicks in the kickbox segment. My foot hurt a little, but was not sprained or anything. I resumed after a few minutes, then fell again on the step segment, I cannot remember on what part. That was on the other foot. But, fortunately, did not even sprain either ankle. I just didn't finish the rest of the step segment..just did the cool down and weights. I also had my step at only four inches, so it could have been worse.

You know, with all this talk about injuries...

I think I'll keep my step height at 4 inches until I feel really comfortable with all the new tapes.

I was planning to jump right in, but all of this has just made me a bit more cautious...

Step Height

I was doing this video on a 10 inch platform like I do all the others. I think the problem didn't really stem from the height of my bench, but from the fact that I was so charged up because I have 8 new toys (videos). It was really my lack of having the proper stepping technique and that I did indeed got carried away. That's what Cathe and all that great new music does to a person I guess.

Wow, 10 inch step height???

How tall are you?? I am in awe!!! I am also very sorry about your accident, what a total bummer!!!! And it must've hurt like heck! Hope it heals up fast!
Debbie

Thanks Deb!

I am 5'10" and I was also looking to purchase another riser for more intensity just to push myself a little harder. But now it seems like after being out of commission for the next 2 months, I will have to crawl once more before I can walk. Thanks for your thoughts!

A suggestion

Candy, I have a foot injury so I go to the pool, but I also purchased a tape called Chair Dancing with Jodi Stolove from Collage. It's suprisingly good for a workout done sitting down. It won't be like working on a 10 in. step, but it's better than nothing.

So sorry about your injury and hope you heal fast.

I'm so sorry....

I sprained my ankle 5 weeks after my daughter was born and 1 day after I started working out. I know what a blow this can be. I don't know about you but, I started looking at people and thinking "You don't know how lucky you are to be able to workout and you chose not to". You must be in a lot of pain with both a sprained ankle and a broken foot. My only advice is to work on your upper body. Maybe you might be able to do some floor work for your legs....later.

Wish I could be of more help.

Alli
happy.gif

Advice from another broken foot sufferer

Dear Candy-
So sorry to hear about your foot. I broke mine in 8 places at the end of May and am still not allowed to do any high impact work. Fortunately, I am healing, but while I was down I continued w/ my upper body strength training routines. And, I actually built more muscle during this time. I think I was working them harder because that was all I was allowed to do. Also, you will find out how awesome the use of crutches are on your shoulders and triceps. You will notice some nice cuts and additional toning just from that!
Finally, (and check with your doctor), you may be able to do an exercise bike. It is kind of goofy w/ a cast on, but at least it is something. You can also probably try some floor work (ie leg lifts) for lower body.
Hang in there.. You will be back in no time!!
Lynn

So Sorry, Candy

I really am. I often have a fear of injuring myself, although I am very cautious when I workout and listen to my body.

I too have worried about my step sliding -- It tends to do so on the carpet in my workout room.

At any rate, I wish you well and hope your recovery is speedy!

Thanks Amy!

I was and still am so surprised with all the love everyone sends to me. You guys who don't even know me give me more support than the people who do. I truly appreciate the concern!!!!!!!!! Thanks again everyone.

With Love,
Candy

Hi Candy!

How are you feeling? Hopefully you are listening very carefully to your doctors orders. Please be patient, your workouts will wait for you to enjoy them again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.