"Clean" eating??

MRSchultz

Cathlete
Cathe:

You mention in quite a few places about 'clean' eating. I know that there are some obvious foods that aren't 'clean' foods, but would you happen to have a list of 'good' foods to eat or even some that we should definitely stay away from?

If anybody can help me that would be great. :)

Thanks in advance for anybody's help. Marcia

Hi, Marcia!

Clean foods are foods that are not overly processed. To eat cleanly, you should chose whole grain breads, rice, and pasta as well as lots of fruits and vegetables. Beans and lean sorces of protein like, beef, chicken, fish, and soy are also good. I read nutrition labels and skip products that have hydgrogenated oils or a list of incredients that's longer than my arm. I look for food which has no preservatives. I also indulge my sweet tooth a couple of times of week, usually with chocolate or ice cream but occasionally with something decadent like chocolate cake! I hope this helps!

B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif bbi

Hi Marcia! To add to what Bobbi wrote, clean eating is eating foods in the most natural unprocessed state. I like to use an apple as an example.

Unclean: apple pie

cleaner: applesauce

cleanest: an apple

Hope this helps!

What is the cleanest form of chocolate, Miss Cathe?;-) Tootsie Rolls, maybe? Or those Calcium chewy things that I won't buy because I know I wouldn't be able to put them down?

Honeybunch, Andrew Weil touts chocolate of the bittersweet variey(which happens to be my favorite) as having the sort of fat that is good for you. Fitness magazine recommends using those fun-sized bars to keep the over-indulgance wolf at bay! A herseys kiss and a caramel a day keep the binge away! With a name like Honeybunch, I am sure you concur!
B http://www.plaudersmilies.de/natur/petals.gif bbi

Well, you know pure unsweetened cocoa bean powder, like from a gourmet store, tastes like coffee grounds. It's gotta be the cleanest.

Chocolate!

dixiediner.com has a chocolate snack mix made out of soy (kind of like a grape nuts texture) covered with chocolate. They also have info on their site about chocolate being healthy. (Their chocolate treats are sweetened with a low glycemic fruit sweetener, and don't contain hydrogenated fats).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.