"Burning out" 1 muscle/day rotation w/Intensity Series?

LuvCardio

Cathlete
I need some help! Before the new series I have been so use to buring out a minimum of 1 (usually 2) muscles per day. I usually "burn out" each muscle 1-2 times a week. I am now just so use to that soreness and burn that I love it and don't feel I get as good of a workout if I don't have it. (I know I am crazy and it probably just mental!)

I am having a real hard time figuring out how to work out the intense muscle burnout type workout into this series.... while getting enough cardio?

Maybe the Intensity series by itself just isn't real good for this type of a rotation. Maybe I should also start incorporating some of my other Cathe videos with it??? I have all of your videos I think except the wedding and a couple other real early ones :)

If I do the Total Body Blast rotation for too long without burning out a muscle will I lose the progress I have made thanks to your S&H etc.? I just don't want to lose the muscle mass I haved built up over the past few months?

Any advice you can give will be soooooo appreciated!

Hi Luv Cardio! Don't feel that you have to use the Intensity Series as a whole to get the most out of it. It is the perfect mix and match series to compliment your other workouts. My rotation was simply a suggestion of how it could be used. If you have other ways that you feel it will accomplish your goals, by all means, customize it to meet your needs.

I plan on doing the same thing. I am going to focus 90% ON WEIGHT training. I am just going to skip around and find different muscle groups, and BURN them!!! I am only going to do cardio 2-3 times per week.
Lori S.

Here's my rotation with the Pyramid DVD.

Day 1: Lower Body
Day 2: Back/Biceps plus cardio
Day 3: Triceps/Chest plus cardio
Day 4: Lower Body
Day 5: Back/Biceps plus cardio
Day 6: Triceps/Chest plus cardio

This allows me to train each muscle group twice per week and get four days of cardio. I keep the cardio fairly short (between 30-45 minutes).

I forgot. I add shoulders to the leg work. Here's the rotation I'm using this month with the Pyramid DVD.

Day 1 - Lower Body/Shoulders (No Cardio)
Day 2 - Back/Biceps plus Cardio
Day 3 - Triceps/Chest plus Cardio
Day 4 - Lower Body/Shoulders (No Cardio)
Day 5 - Back/Biceps plus Cardio
Day 6 - Chest/Triceps plus Cardio
Day 7 - Rest

Crystal

Crystal - thanks so much! After I finish the total body blast rotation I am on I am going to try your recommended rotation using the pyramid tapes. I have been doin' it a bit this past week and it feels good. I think I am going to start splitting them based on body part like you said.

Are you adding any other tapes to them like S&H, PS or MIS on some days?

The other day I did ME + Ups only on Shoulders and biceps. It felt good!

I'm own PH, S&H, PS, Body Max and MIS. I'm not using them with the Pyramid DVD at this time. My endurance isn't as great as some other people here. I find that if I do total body workouts or do long cardio/weight sessions that I'm completely wiped out. I don't like feeling that way so I stick with short weight and cardio sessions each day. Whatever rotation I'm doing has to encompass no more than 30 minutes of weight training and 30-45 minutes of cardio. My goal this month is to work each muscle group twice per week. The Pyramid DVD is allows me to do that. I'm supersetting between muscle groups. This gives me adequate rests between sets so that I can lift heavier on the next set. If I were to introduce PH, S&H, PS, Body Max or MIS with the Pyramid, I might go into my 30 minute weight training time and overwork my muscles again.

I'm thinking about doing a muscle endurance/strength next month where I work one muscle group per day using a combination of PH, Body Max, DVD. That's the great thing about DVDs. You can develop some good routines because of the mix and match options.

Crystal

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.