Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Support Forums > Workout Blender Bug Tracker

Workout Blender Bug Tracker Report any bugs you find in our Free Workout Blender software (available October 27, 2010) in this forum.

Just how patient? Freezes at 80%

This is a discussion on Just how patient? Freezes at 80% within the Workout Blender Bug Tracker forums, part of the Support Forums category;; I've tried creating a few test workouts. Each time I select "Create Video", it gets to 80% and then hangs. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Default Just how patient? Freezes at 80%

I've tried creating a few test workouts. Each time I select "Create Video", it gets to 80% and then hangs. It doesn't matter how many segments I put into the workout -- I've tried as few as two and as many as ten. I have plenty of space on my hard drive, and I've closed all other programs, so I know it's not a memory or space issue. I've given it 30 minutes or so, and it never gets past 80%. Does this really take this long?

I am running Windows Vista.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 PM

Just for comparison, I'm using Windows Vista and I've been able to "create" workouts in about 10 minutes.

I have other issues with the workouts I've created - when I transfer them to iTunes the last 3 or 4 chapters get stripped out - but the creation has been very speedy.

Gwynn
Old 11-12-2010, 09:46 PM

I have Windows Vista and I ran into the same problem you are having. The following is how Curt told me to fix it:

I would like you to try the following process if you are running Windows to see if it solves your problems. (If you are running the Workout Blender on Mac let us know.) It is not difficult but please don't attempt it if you do not feel confident. Please let us know if it solves your problem with the video creation getting stuck at 80%.

You will have to re-import your videos and re-create your workouts since this resets your Workout Blender, but since it is not working now this shouldn't make much of a difference. This process is only necessary once.

1. Exit the Workout Blender, then open your Control Panels and choose "View by: Small Icons" in the upper right corner.

2. Click to open "Folder Options"

3. Click on the "View" tab at the top of the Folder Options window that opens.

4. Under "Hidden files and folders" in the list of Advanced Settings that appears, click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", then click "Apply" at the bottom of the window.

5. Leave the window open since you will need to reverse this process in a minute.

6. Navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming and drag the folder "Cathe" into the Recycle Bin and you can close all the folders you opened.

7. Go back to the "Folder Options" window and check "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives", click "Apply" and close the window. You can also close your Control Panels.

8. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to create a new video.

Please let us know your results.