WB problems

MagStepr

Cathlete
I noticed the following problems with the Workout Blender and some of the downloads:

• Leaner Legs and Low Impact Circuit do not work - I think this has also been mentioned by others.
  • Sometimes the scroll bar is not enabled so I can't scroll through either all the workouts I have loaded in the Workout Blender or I can't scroll through the various chapters of a particular workout.
  • Some of the download chapters are not labelled correctly or the segments cut off before the exercise is over. For example while Imax 3 is chaptered into separate intervals and blasts, Imax 2 is not. It is chaptered into 10 intervals but when I preview an interval it starts at the previous blast. So for the chapter labelled 2nd interval I get the blast from the 1st interval followed the 2nd interval. For the chapter labelled 3rd interval I get the blast from the 2nd interval followed by the 3rd interval etc.. There are other workouts that are not labelled and chaptered correctly: Muscle Endurance, Cardio and Weights, Pyramid Upper Body.
  • Other workouts that I thought would be chaptered into separate exercises are instead clumped into cycles. This includes Boot Camp which is chaptered into cycles only and not into Cycle 1 Cardio, Cycle 1 lower body, Cycle 1 upper body, Cycle 1 abs etc. This is also the case for High Step Training, it is chaptered into cycles and I don't have the option of selecting the weight portions without the cardio.
  • The WB is VERY slow. I’ve put together a workout last night and this morning it is only at 53% with the message “Creating your video. Please be patient” Is it usually this slow??

All of that being said I realize that this is the beta release and there are bound to be some issues. I would like to know when the issues above will be addressed, as I would like to be able to use the blender to its full capability since I purchased quite a few of the workouts as downloads which I already have on DVD. Thank you in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up. I mentioned some of the same things in another
thread but I am so glad you took the time to explain the problems so much
better. The chapters are not labeled correctly and do cut off in the middle
of an exercise or start after the section has already started. I have found
this in most of downloads I have imported, upper body Sculpt, lower body
sculpt, high step circuit, push & pull, Pure Strength Chest, Triceps & shoulders, Total body sculpting, bonus cardio, etc. And also, like you
have mentioned, I downloaded Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders & triceps
because I thought (according to my dvd) that the workout should have
approx. 17-19 individual chapters and when the download had finished,
it only showed chapters Warmup, Chest, (which only lasts 1:40) which isnt
correct, Shoulders, Triceps, Stretch (5 chapters) and the Stretch section
is about 10-11 minutes but starts somewhere in the Triceps section because
the stretch chapter on the dvd is approx 4-5 minutes. And I have found
that some of the chapters I put into a video to create, after it is finished,
they aren't there even though the chapter information says they are. When
you drag into itunes, and this happens, then it makes the remaining chapter
information not sync with what is actually playing on the ipod, etc. What
a mess ! I have all of Cathe's dvds and like you, I have purchased the
downloads I have purchased because of this blender but I don't think I'm
doing anymore until some of these issues are fixed. I do wish the new dvds
would soon be shipped out cause I think once I get them, I'll forget about
this for awhile !!!

What
a mess ! I have all of Cathe's dvds and like you, I have purchased the
downloads I have purchased because of this blender but I don't think I'm
doing anymore until some of these issues are fixed. I do wish the new dvds
would soon be shipped out cause I think once I get them, I'll forget about
this for awhile !!!

Yes, all of these problems can be a little frustrating but I'm trying to be patient which doesn't always work for me ;) I am hoping to get a reply from the developers soon to acknowledge that they are aware of these issues and how/when they will be addressed.

WB update please

SNM/Curt, can you please let us know when we can expect an update on the workout blender? I would like to know if some of the issues identifed above will be addressed soon.​

Thanks in advance!​

Hello MagStepr,

Yes, we are aware and are working on solutions for all of the problems that you have mentioned. Right now, we are in the process of fixing these issues and others that have arisen as a result of incorporating importing and editing the new videos. We do not have a firm date yet, but are trying our best to incorporate as many of the bug fixes into the next release that we possibly can. If we were to release the software now, only some would be covered and it would get quite confusing; especially since people would see items they reported not fixed yet and would then re-report them. Please be patient...I know its not easy at times :) but we think you will be happier in the long run with a more polished piece of software! Thanks for your patience through the development process!

Thanks for the reply Curt, it's much appreciated! I'm happy to hear that you are aware of and working on all these problems.:) I think the Workout Blender is a fantastic tool and I'm just looking forward to using it to its full potential. For now I have the new workouts to keep me occupied

Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.