New workout blender: latest workouts make it crash

RubyBlue

Thanks for the updated Blender.

Two problems I have spotted so far:

1. Trying to move chapter 19 of High Reps into a blend makes the whole WB crash; and
2. Scrolling backwards through a draft mix of the new workouts also seems to make the blender crash (at the time I was scrolling on STS Total Body).

The message is 'Workout Blender.exe has stopped working'.

On a minor note, the chapters are not labelled (or at least, they are all labelled 'py' (with an umlaut over the 'y'.)

Thanks; it's great that the new workouts can be imported but it seems that at least two of them do not work properly in the blender.

Hello RubyBlue,

Thanks for the information about what you are experiencing. So that we can attempt to recreate the issues here, could you let us know what operating system you are using (if it is a form of Windows, if it is 64 or 32 bit), and are you using the newest versions of Cathe's latest videos? (You would have had to have downloaded them since Friday morning in order to be the absolute newest. The original versions will not chapter correctly and not function properly in the newest version of the Blender.) Thank you!

Hello RubyBlue,

Thanks for the information about what you are experiencing. So that we can attempt to recreate the issues here, could you let us know what operating system you are using (if it is a form of Windows, if it is 64 or 32 bit), and are you using the newest versions of Cathe's latest videos? (You would have had to have downloaded them since Friday morning in order to be the absolute newest. The original versions will not chapter correctly and not function properly in the newest version of the Blender.) Thank you!

Hi Curt,

Yes, it's the latest versions of the new workouts (downloaded this weekend).

My system is Vista. (I'm not sure what the 64 or 32 bit means but if you let me know where to look, I can tell you).

LIC is still not working (I did download this again).

Thanks!

Hi RubyBlue,

You can tell what version of Vista you are running by going to your control panels and clicking on "System". It will show you about halfway down the panel whether it is 32 or 64 bit. You can also get to this panel by right clicking on the "Computer" icon on your desktop and going to "Properties".

We have confirmed the problem with LIC and are working on a fix. Thanks!

Hi, it's the 32 bit version of Vista, as confirmed ont he other thread (apologies for duplicating information).

It appears to be High Reps Chapters 4 and 19 that make the WB crash.

Thanks

Suzanne

Hello RubyBlue,

We have been able to reproduce the problem here using Vista 32 bit with chapters 4 and 19. We have also tested under Mac OSX, XP, and Windows 7 and the problem seems to be isolated to Vista 32. We are passing on the information to the developers to see what they can deduce. If anyone else has similar issues under other platforms, please let us know. Thanks for providing the information to us!

Thanks for confirming it's a problem as I thought it might be at my end!

Thanks for the help. Good luck with the fix!

80% problem

The following is a temporary solution to your problem with High Reps. We have tested this solution successfully on a Vista 32 bit computer with High Reps chapters 4 and 19. Just be careful as this solution will delete any premixes you have previously created. We are also not sure if this solution will permanently fix this bug or if the bug will appear again. Hopefully, our developers will be able to correct this bug in a future update. We would appreciate any feedback from those of you who try this fix.

For the users on Vista and Mac that are having problems with importing videos and/or getting stuck at 80% complete creating workout videos, please try the method(s) outlined below. We have been able to fix the problems with Vista and High Reps chapters 4 & 19, videos not importing, and other errors by doing this.

We have submitted all of the information that you have provided to us to our developers and these problems should be addressed and solved in the next version of the Workout Blender, so you also have the option of waiting if you do not want to reset the program as cautioned below.

WARNING Please note that you will have to re-import your videos and re-create your workouts since this resets your Workout Blender. If you have workout videos successfully created already, you can easily save your "premix" workout videos themselves by dragging them out of your Workout Blender Videos folder and into iTunes or any other folder on your computer BEFORE starting this process. You will not be able to edit these existing workout videos, however, unless you re-create them like you did originally using the Blender.

WINDOWS

1. Exit the Workout Blender, then open your Control Panels and choose "View by: Small Icons" in the upper right corner.

2. Click to open "Folder Options"

3. Click on the "View" tab at the top of the Folder Options window that opens.

4. Under "Hidden files and folders" in the list of Advanced Settings that appears, click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", then click "Apply" at the bottom of the window.

5. Leave the window open since you will need to reverse this process in a minute.

6. Navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming and drag the folder "Cathe" into the Recycle Bin and you can close all the folders you opened.

7. Go back to the "Folder Options" window and check "Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives", click "Apply" and close the window. You can also close your Control Panels.

8. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

MAC

1. Exit the Workout Blender.

2. Navigate to the folder: "Your Hard Drive" > Users > "Your User Name" > Library > Preferences > cathe

3. Drag the folder "cathe" into the Trash and you can close all the folders you opened.

4. Restart your computer, then when it is done restarting launch Workout Blender and attempt to import and/or create a new video.

Hi, just to report that I've tried this fix on Vista 32 bit and it appears to have worked!

My other problem of not being able to import all 3 STS Total Body workouts has also been fixed.

Thanks so much! Can't wait to play around with the new workouts.

I spoke too soon: STS Total Body chapter 32 or 33 also makes i t crash in th same way as before. I think I will wait for the new version of the WB.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.