My Videos Aren't Importing Either—Need Help Thanks!

twinkletoes129

Cathlete
I'm having the same problem as Manderinfish that my videos aren't importing into the "Cathe Video's" section of the Workout Blender. I have a Mac with system software: Mac OS X 10.4.11. How long is it supposed to take for it to load to the Workout Blender? It shows the window "Importing Your Cathe Video Information… Please do not more your original video file …" and it just stays there. I've tried deleting and trashing the "Cathe" folder from the Library/Preference file. I also tried uninstalling the Workout Blender and installing again and it still doesn't work. I noticed on the first installation of the software it asked my to upgrade my Adobe Air (I think that's what it's called?) I wonder if I should update it and try again? Please can you advise my as to how to make it work as I'm stumped.:confused: Thanks so much for your help!

twinkletoes129 said:
I'm having the same problem as Manderinfish that my videos aren't importing into the "Cathe Video's" section of the Workout Blender. I have a Mac with system software: Mac OS X 10.4.11. How long is it supposed to take for it to load to the Workout Blender? It shows the window "Importing Your Cathe Video Information… Please do not more your original video file …" and it just stays there. I've tried deleting and trashing the "Cathe" folder from the Library/Preference file. I also tried uninstalling the Workout Blender and installing again and it still doesn't work. I noticed on the first installation of the software it asked my to upgrade my Adobe Air (I think that's what it's called?) I wonder if I should update it and try again? Please can you advise my as to how to make it work as I'm stumped.:confused: Thanks so much for your help!

I am having the same problem, except I have a PC and am running Vista.

Hi Twinkletoes,

I had the same problem. My son fixed the problem for me. He followed all of the steps that you did above - now see my note to Curt below below

"Hi Curt,

My son finally got the workout blender to import my videos. This is what he did: 1. followed all of the steps that you suggested above (trash Cathe preferences, trash workout blender folders) 2. uninstalled the workout blender 3.- Empty the Trash 4. restarted the computer. 6. He reinstalled the workout blender.

My son said said that for some reason the first time the I installed the workout blender, Adobe Air was not automatically installed.

Please Cathe Support Can You Help With This

I have done all the suggestions of Cathe's support to rectify this problem. Deleting all 3 folders, trashing before restarting computer. I have also deinstalled the Workout Blender and reinstalled it and I also updated the Adobe Air to no avail. Thank you Regina for your reply for those tips but unfortunately that didn't work either. It still won't import my videos into the Workout Blender. Please Cathe Support can you reply OR anybody else that may know? I have read all the other threads on this and have tried all of the suggestions and they have NOT worked for me. Please can I get a reply as I SO would love to get this to work for me. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I reinstalled Workout Blender to fix Mac issue

I was having the same problem as Twinkletoes....I reinstalled after moving the first installation to the trash. It worked after that.

Hello twinkletoes129,

This one took a bit of research, but what it boils down to is that Adobe AIR is only supported on Mac OS X 10.5 and higher, and does not work on 10.4 and below. Unfortunately, OS 10.4 was released in 2005 and many applications no longer offer support for it. If possible, I would recommend that you update to 10.5 since it sounds like you might have a Mac from that time period that will not support 10.6

Curt, thanks SO much for your reply!! That solves the mystery!! Now you guys may want to update your list of System Requirements for the Mac because as it's stated now you include Mac OS X 10.4 as a system requirement: "Mac OS X v10.4, v10.5 or v10.6" it should now only read: Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6 only. Now I have to go and figure out how to upgrade and how much it costs. Oh well! BUT it's definitely worth the Workout Blender for it!!!

What about on Windows XP? I can get all mine to import into the blender (the shock cardios and 4 others) except Upper Body split. It tells me that the file type isn't supported.

Hi Barbara P,

The Workout Blender works fine and has been tested on Windows XP. Please note that Upper Body Split is not compatible with the Workout Blender as of now.

Last edited:
Hi Barbara P,

The Workout Blender works fine and has been tested on Windows XP. Please note that Upper Body Split is not compatible with the Workout Blender as of now.

Can I get my money back then? I don't recall anywhere where it stated that this download is not compatible. I bought the download *specifically* for the blender.
I have this workout already on DVD! I don't want the download if it isn't going to work in the blender.

What other downloads won't work? Please let me (us all!) know before we go downloading.

This is irritating to me as I own ALL of Cathe's workouts already, and I am picking and choosing which ones to download - ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BLENDER....if a workout isn't going to work in it I need to know -

BEFORE I DOWNLOAD.

Please provide us with a list of all workouts that are NOT compatible with the blender. I have not even seen this issue mentioned anywhere, but I will be sure to mention it on videofitness.com, my cathe facebook group, and my mailing lists.

Thank you.

I was also under the impression that WB and Cathe videos go hand in hand. Everything on the web-site and promos leads you to believe this.

Cut and Pasted directly from the the Workout Blender page moments ago:

Create PreMixes From Any Video

The Workout Blender makes it possible to create a premix using any of our Cathe Workouts. You can select exercise segments from as many videos as you like and create your own workout masterpiece

Note that many people have asked repeatedly over the forums even if this is limited to downloads as in many places it just says any "Cathe Video". Many people assumed WB worked with DVDs as well.

So WB is free but the advertising is leading people to buy products with the promise that it will work with WB only to be disappointed.

Please Cathe dot Com make it clear.

Can I get my money back then? I don't recall anywhere where it stated that this download is not compatible. I bought the download *specifically* for the blender.
I have this workout already on DVD! I don't want the download if it isn't going to work in the blender.

What other downloads won't work? Please let me (us all!) know before we go downloading.

This is irritating to me as I own ALL of Cathe's workouts already, and I am picking and choosing which ones to download - ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BLENDER....if a workout isn't going to work in it I need to know -

BEFORE I DOWNLOAD.

Please provide us with a list of all workouts that are NOT compatible with the blender. I have not even seen this issue mentioned anywhere, but I will be sure to mention it on videofitness.com, my cathe facebook group, and my mailing lists.

Thank you.

The Workout Blender is a free after-sale product that we offer. It is not included in the price of our downloads and we don't make any guarantees toward its use. Our goal is to make all of our workouts work in the WB, but this is an early beta release and there will be many issues in the beginning. Currently, only a few workouts (less than 3%) will not work due to the way they were encoded in the WB and we have already listed them and said we will try to fix these. The only workouts that are a problem are CTX and Step N Motion 1.

Also, for the benefit of everyone who reads these posts in which we are attempting to document and fix problems with our BETA software, it would be helpful if you please read ALL of my words before ranting about them:

Please note that Upper Body Split is not compatible with the Workout Blender as of now.

We have never said that the blender will not support these videos; just that until we fix the problem they do not work as of now. We are working on fixes. Please be patient with us as we work out the bugs in this brand new software and realize that we are real people at the other end of the forums who are doing our best to help you. Thank you for your patience and humanity.

Also, for the benefit of everyone who reads these posts in which we are attempting to document and fix problems with our BETA software, it would be helpful if you please read ALL of my words before ranting about them:

Please note that Upper Body Split is not compatible with the Workout Blender as of now.

We have never said that the blender will not support these videos; just that until we fix the problem they do not work as of now. We are working on fixes. Please be patient with us as we work out the bugs in this brand new software and realize that we are real people at the other end of the forums who are doing our best to help you. Thank you for your patience and humanity.

Thank you.

The thing is - it would have been nice if you (or whoever) had created a thread with this info in the title and not burying it in other threads.

I don't read every thread. I scan the titles and see if that title is what I *think* I need to read. If the title doesn't reflect my need as of that moment, it is not read by me.

I do not have time to read every post in every thread, and when the information I need gets buried in a thread that doesn't reflect that the information is contained within...then I don't know about it. I'm sure I'm not alone.

WB Problems

We actually did start a thread about this in our "Bug Tracker" forum several days ago and have answered this question several times in other posts. Threads are moving very rapidly right now, but this will soon start to slow down. I know it's difficult, but when it comes to a beta release you need to be patient and give us a chance to research issues and get back to you. This may take several weeks or longer in some cases. We're a small company, but we will get back to you many times faster than much larger companies like Google or Microsoft that have thousands of employees.

The Workout Blender beta 1.0 is the beginning of what we feel will eventually change your home workout video experience for the better, but this will take a long time to perfect and is only a beginning. By definition beta software means it is not finished and there are problems. The whole idea of releasing a beta application to the public is to help us more rapidly fix bugs and improve our product. Currently, there are many things that don't work correctly in the WB, but there are also many things that do work. With a beta release you have to learn to appreciate the good things and tolerate the bad - or wait until the final "Gold" version is released.

Fixing bugs is not simple and takes highly skilled people working a lot of extra hours to correct these various issues for you. Though this is a free piece of software our goal is to make the WB as good and as trouble free as we can make it.

Thanks for your reply. I understand about fixing bugs; I spent 34 years at a very large insurance company (25 of them in IT....)...

I didn't even see the bug tracker forum!

When should we post in the Workout blender support forum versus the bug tracker forum?

thanks in advance!

Bug Tracker forum

For now I would like to keep the Bug Tracker forum for confirmed and major issues. Ideally I would like everyone to post first in the support forum and let us confirm the bug. Then if a bug is confirmed we will open a thread in the bug tracker. Obviously, anyone can post in the bug tracker forum, but I would like this forum to be a more concise way to view confirmed bugs as much as possible.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.