Three More Days!!!!!

PACKING DAY!!!

That's what I'm going to be doing today! I find that if I pack ahead of time that I go back and unpack everything because I'm afraid that I forgot something. And I plan to be on the road to NJ at 5:30 tomorrow morning!!!

I can't wait to see everyone.

The only thing I have done is sort out which workout clothes I am bringing. And I am still going back and forth on some of those. One of the good things about driving is you can just dump stuff in your car.

AuntieBev, you have a safe drive. I am only about 2 1/2 hours away so I probably won't leave until noon.

I have not packed a single thing. I am one of those who hates to pack, plus a procrastinator. I am so excited though. I cannot wait to meet you all. Plus, I am kind of looking forward to having a weekend where all I concentrate on is myself and having a good time. No kids to take care of, no husband to take care of, just myself. I have to admit, it sounds like heaven right now.

Kristin

Last edited:
Safe travels to you tomorrow morning Bev...and to you too Saundra, Jean, and Kristin....

And to all of you too, when your turn comes to depart....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Trying to get it all packed. It's all piling up in a corner right now. Trying to stop myself from re-thinking everything.... Now I'm praying it all fits into the carry-on.

All packed except for the last minute stuff.

And one would think that being packed would stop the constant, annoying, going-over-it-in-your-head thing...but it doesn't.:confused:

It's spread all over the bed in my guestroom. I have a conundrum b/c I'm trying to bring my nicest w/o clothes this w/e, but I have nothing left over to wear to the gym this week! :D

And I know just what you mean, Melissa. I'm having trouble at work b/c I keep thinking of what I need to do last minute for this trip. All this for 2.5 days. You'd think I was taking the grand tour of Europe! :p

Yeah, I've been doing very little work while at work these past couple of weeks...:eek:

I actually went to France for 5 days using a carry-on suitcase only with no problems at all. Didn't even carry a tote for any over-flow!! I can't figure out why 2.5 days is causing me so much angst!!!

Ahhh!! So excited! I'm quasi-packed but am afraid that the half-packing I did earlier in the week will make me forget important stuff like um...sports bras, sneakers...all the stuff I can't pack until Thursday. ACK! Someone call Overthinkers Anonymous for me!!

Packing day and errand running!

Happy Tuesday!

I cannot wait to see everyone and have a fantastic trip this weekend. We are leaving Indiana tomorrow night in order to split up the driving into two days. I have not packed a single thing yet because I also need a deadline. I just printed out the packing list and will get to that after... I get back from my 5 mile walk with my daughter on the beautiful sunny day. (Did I mention that I am a procrastinator?)

Safe travels everyone and happy packing!

Girl - I freaked out last night when I realized I had not thought about packing undies!!! No lie. Where is my brain???

Ahhh!! So excited! I'm quasi-packed but am afraid that the half-packing I did earlier in the week will make me forget important stuff like um...sports bras, sneakers...all the stuff I can't pack until Thursday. ACK! Someone call Overthinkers Anonymous for me!!

My spare room looks like the Nike factory imploded. Now to just get these suckers sorted and ziploced.

And just what does one wear to Zumba when you are a zumba novice?

Alas, I'm not working either. :p See you all soon!!

Packing Problems

I was so proud of myself for getting everything crammed into my carryon bag, until I realized that I didn't have room for any "regular" clothes in there! Going shopping on my lunch hour today for a LARGE purse.

I was so proud of myself for getting everything crammed into my carryon bag, until I realized that I didn't have room for any "regular" clothes in there! Going shopping on my lunch hour today for a LARGE purse.

margev2000 - what if instead of carrying a purse, carry a tote bag that you can load up with stuff (including things you would carry in your purse) and pack a purse flat in your carry-on suitcase. Just a thought...:)

Also not being very productive at work today. Woke up at 3:30 this morning and started running over all the stuff I have to do to get ready for the roadtrip. I have to have all my stuff packed and in the car tomorrow morning, because after work tomorrow, I head to the marina in Southern Maryland where we keep our boat. My sister is driving over on Thursday, and we will set off from the marina by 9 am Friday morning.

~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.