Expectations?

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
Hi all fellow-RTrippers!!! This is my 1st time attending so I don't know what to expect from the RT. I know it's 3 mos away but I'm a planner when it comes to wardrobe lol; what types of clothes do you all bring along? Will we be in WO gear the whole time, do you bring "nicer" clothes for dinner...also I think I remember last year that there was an event involving pj's so if that's the case then I think I need some new ones ;)

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SNM has posted a basic list here: http://cathe.com/roadtrip/2010/what-to-bring.php Usually there is a more detailed list that comes out closer to the date of the RT.

You'll probably want a "nicer" outfit for the party on Saturday night (nicer than workout clothes, that is), but it's still casual. Typically people wear either PJs or yoga wear for the Friday night stretch.

I'm sure it will be a little while until they get the schedule worked out, so until then take all of this with a grain of salt. Once they're done tweaking the schedule they will let us know what we'll need.

See you there!!

SNM has posted a basic list here: http://cathe.com/roadtrip/2010/what-to-bring.php Usually there is a more detailed list that comes out closer to the date of the RT.

You'll probably want a "nicer" outfit for the party on Saturday night (nicer than workout clothes, that is), but it's still casual. Typically people wear either PJs or yoga wear for the Friday night stretch.

I'm sure it will be a little while until they get the schedule worked out, so until then take all of this with a grain of salt. Once they're done tweaking the schedule they will let us know what we'll need.

See you there!!

Say JodiJodi - you sound as if you've been to one or two or a few of these before. :p:p:p Cannot WAIT to see you! :D Buckeyes anyone? (though maybe I should back off on them!) Love you girl.

Say JodiJodi - you sound as if you've been to one or two or a few of these before. :p:p:p Cannot WAIT to see you! :D Buckeyes anyone? (though maybe I should back off on them!) Love you girl.

Lorrie, you know my love/hate relationship with those buckeyes! Soooo goood, but soooo dangerous!;) Can't wait to see you too!! <3

Thanks for the link, jodijodi.

-Meliffy, we both got in, yea! I am so excited, but I admit I am nervous too. I never went anywhere where I did not know anyone before, except on the firstday of college, lol.

I cannot wait for summer now! I am already counting down the days.

Kristin

<sniff sniff> I remember one of the very first terrific experiences last year was you walking in to the Fairfield lobby and handing out Buckeyes and warm smiles to us wide-eyed, intimidated newbies -- and after that all was well!

It's normal to be nervous, but you're gonna have a great time, and meet lots of amazing people! Can't wait to see everyone, old friends and new friends too!

<sniff sniff> I remember one of the very first terrific experiences last year was you walking in to the Fairfield lobby and handing out Buckeyes and warm smiles to us wide-eyed, intimidated newbies -- and after that all was well!

Awww Nancy!!! Thanks! That's so nice to hear. Well then perhaps I'll have to keep the tradition alive. But Jodi if you insist I can hand them out only to the newbies and keep the danger far from us veterans. :)

mmmmm.....Buckeyes....:rolleyes: Gotta work something off on Saturday!

And Melissa, just expect to have fun. It's a blast, there are lots of icebreaker things throughout the weekend. (oh, and I think there are at least 4 Melissas attending. We'll have to find each other the first evening. Ha, there's your icebreaker!!)

Take a look at the posts from the 2009 roadtrip. There are a ton of helpful tips, ideas, lists, etc. And if you forget anything there is a mall, and a K-Mart next to the hotels.

(oh, and I think there are at least 4 Melissas attending. We'll have to find each other the first evening. Ha, there's your icebreaker!!)

I'm a "Melissa" and I'm attending!!

And even though this is my 3rd RT, I am already getting nervous about going alone and not really "knowing" anyone. Even though I'm 100% sure that I'll see at least 10 people that I "know"...:p

One more thing: am I the only one that has no idea what a buckeye is?!?! :eek:

I'm a "Melissa" and I'm attending!!

And even though this is my 3rd RT, I am already getting nervous about going alone and not really "knowing" anyone. Even though I'm 100% sure that I'll see at least 10 people that I "know"...:p

You know ME!

Buckeyes are these absolutely delicious (and dangerous) peanut butter cookies that Lorrie makes (that look like real buckeyes). She brings them to the RT and they are SO GOOD!

Hi Melissa. I can't believe I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you before. Yes, buckeyes are peanut butter based cookies that I usually make at Christmas time, but mine are a little diff from most as I put graham cracker crumbs and some others things in there to cut down on the sweetness. I made them afew years ago 1. being from Ohio, the buckeye state, and 2. for Cathe knowing her love of peanut butter. Then they caught on and I kept bringing them. But Jodi is right - they are sweet and loaded with killer calories. YIKES!

She brings them to the RT and they are SO GOOD!

Yes, Jodi, so good, yet so bad. But we burn off enough calories to be able to enjoy them.

Lorrie, only for newbies? I guess since I already changed my hair color, I'll just have to tell Cathe to change the name on my name tag and I'll try to come as a newbie. Just kidding, you know I don't need buckeyes, just bring yourself and I'm happy. Can't wait to see everyone again and get the chance to meet more Cathe fans. It should be a great time for all.

Jean

Oh Melissa, I'm so glad I'm finally going to meet you! :)

Mostly workout clothes. A pair of PJs that hold in the girls for the evening stretch class. I usually bring one dressy outfit "just in case."

And if you do need anything, I'll take you on a field trip. I grew up in the area & know most of the shopping hot spots. ;)

Hm. I wonder if there'll be more Melissas than Lauras this time around?

Okay, Jenn here- not a Melissa or a Laura, but still- reading through this thread put a ginormous smile on my face! First road trip for me, which clearly puts me in line for the newbie buckeyes.... ha!

Can't wait to meet every single one of you!

Oh & one other thing--if you can, bring at least 2 pairs of sneakers. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot stand putting clean feet & socks into sweaty sneakers. Last year I brought two, this year I think I'm bringing 3.

(yeah I know, I'm driving so I can pretty much bring my whole damn wardrobe LOL)

Hello Ladies!

Oh Melissa, I'm so glad I'm finally going to meet you! :)

Mostly workout clothes. A pair of PJs that hold in the girls for the evening stretch class. I usually bring one dressy outfit "just in case."

And if you do need anything, I'll take you on a field trip. I grew up in the area & know most of the shopping hot spots. ;)

Hm. I wonder if there'll be more Melissas than Lauras this time around?

Hey Laura and Melissa...is this Wilson? or another Melissa! :p

Heheheh, I wanna go shopping Laura :p (Probably need another camera, jk) So glad for you and all the others that got registered. It sure went quick - like 10 minutes or so :eek: I don't think you & Bev could have cut it any closer ;)

Laura I got a note from Chris and am exited he got in also. Will you be travelling to NJ together? And yes, I dislike clean feet/socks in cold wet shoes, icky and worse stepping on water in my socks...:eek:

I did see another Cynthia registered too :rolleyes: Summer will go quick - before you know it, we'll all be together again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.