Carry-on question...

exer_cited

Cathlete
In my attempt to not check luggage, I did a trial run and tried to pack everything in my carry-on suitcase. Not everything made it...:eek:

Can I use my 2008 Cathe RT tote as my personal item and pack what didn't make it into the suitcase in it? As long as it fits under the seat in front of me, that should be okay right? I'm not carrying a purse if that matters...

Please someone confirm that that will be okay. I really don't want to check any luggage...:confused:

Most airlines allow 1 carry on and a personal item. Personal item can be a purse, computer bag, back pack etc. The personal item should fit under the seat in front of you so I would think your tote would be just fine.

I copied and pasted this from American Airlines website. Do not forget the TSA 3-3-1 rule for liquids. http://www.tsa.gov/311/

How Much Can I Carry On?

090615_aadvantage_baggage.jpg
You can carry on one bag plus one personal item per passenger as long as:
  • They weigh no more than 40 lbs/18 kgs
  • The carry-on bag must fit in the sizer and not exceed overall dimensions of 45 inches (length + width + height). The maximum combined linear measurement of the carry-on bag cannot exceed any of the following measurements: 22" long x 14" wide x 9" high or 114cm (56 x 35 x 23 cm). All carry-on items must fit under the seat or in an overhead bin.
Personal item - includes: small backpack purse, briefcase, laptop bag OR a similar item such as book bag or tote that does not exceed 36 inches( length+width+height) and must fit under the seat.

ha! Melissa, you're a riot - but it is a fair question!! I am def using a past Cathe RT bag to pack some of my overflow stuff. I just half-packed (laid out outfits and such) and am stressing about what to wear at night and I am packing different options (crazy) so I know I will have too much!

Better off having too much than not enough, Jolene. Especially if you can fit it in!!!

I got everything to fit in my carry-on suitcase and Cathe tote..YAY! I actually think I could cram in a couple extra workout outfits if I had to...:cool:

'tis true ;-) And nicely done on the packing! I am half-packed, usually wait till the night before, so this is big for me!

I usually bring a carry on suitcase, and a small duffel bag packed with a complete workout outfit, including shoes (just in case my luggage gets lost)

Suzette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.