Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich's Road Trips > San Diego, CA - March 26 -28th

San Diego, CA - March 26 -28th San Diego, CA is the city where Cathe launched her career twenty years ago. This road trip was held March 26 -28th, 2010

Hope I can keep up!

This is a discussion on Hope I can keep up! within the San Diego, CA - March 26 -28th forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich's Road Trips category;; Hi Cathe- I am getting so excited to meet you in San Diego! I have every single one of your ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
cheryl4264's Profile Fields

Smile Hope I can keep up!

Hi Cathe-

I am getting so excited to meet you in San Diego! I have every single one of your workouts and have been working out with you for many years. However, as much as I love your workouts, I also love working out at home, so I can put you on "pause" for water, wipe down with towel, don't care what I look like, rest, etc., before continuing!! Do you allow some rest time during your "live" workout classes for us to catch our breath?! Or offer any modifications? I'm worried I won't be able to keep up...since I'm not used to working out in front of anyone except my TV!! Although I'm looking forward to the challenge, of course, just wonder if anyone else feels similarly!

Also, wondering if anyone else from San Jose going to San Diego?!

Thanks,

Cheryl in San Jose
Old 12-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Cathlete
shanihib's Profile Fields

haha, Cheryl, you aren't alone. I have to blow my nose frequently too! Wish there were some way to clear that up BEFORE the workout! LOL If you are pausing and huffing and puffing, know that I'll be right there alongside you!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Cathlete

Thumbs up You'll be fine

Check out this thread I started before my first RT this past summer. It's very enlightening and encouraging. I had a great time and I promise you no one will think any less of you if you have to take breaks.

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/...d.php?t=265216
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Catheite
Molly2222's Profile Fields

Thanks Nancy, because me three!!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Cathlete
Sunshine1528's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunshine1528

Hi Cheryl !

I haven't been to a Cathe RT before but I'd have to say don't worry what goes on - all I've ever heard/read is that it will be a blast.

I'm down in Gilroy and will be going to SD from SJ. Haven't set any arrangements yet other than one of my check-in pals will be my roomie. What did you have in mind?

GO SHARKS ! ! !

http://www.picturetrail.com/sunshine1528
Old 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Aw Cheryl and all of the our other San Diego trippers...please don't worry. I can't express enough how laid back the environment is. It is truly a happy,sharing, and supportive community. No competition AT ALL. Not from attendees and not from me....we just laugh, do what we can, and sweat it out together. This weekend will be about sharing time with each other....not about getting in the best shape of our lives. I wouldn't even mind if you chose to sit out on and watch us if that made you more comfortable. By the end of the weekend many do that too. No pressure, no worries, no fears.....come, relax, laugh, and meet other Cathletes. Can't wait to meet you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl4264 View Post
Hi Cathe-

I am getting so excited to meet you in San Diego! I have every single one of your workouts and have been working out with you for many years. However, as much as I love your workouts, I also love working out at home, so I can put you on "pause" for water, wipe down with towel, don't care what I look like, rest, etc., before continuing!! Do you allow some rest time during your "live" workout classes for us to catch our breath?! Or offer any modifications? I'm worried I won't be able to keep up...since I'm not used to working out in front of anyone except my TV!! Although I'm looking forward to the challenge, of course, just wonder if anyone else feels similarly!

Also, wondering if anyone else from San Jose going to San Diego?!

Thanks,

Cheryl in San Jose
Old 01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Thank you so much for sharing this Nancy....I miss you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyAZ View Post
Check out this thread I started before my first RT this past summer. It's very enlightening and encouraging. I had a great time and I promise you no one will think any less of you if you have to take breaks.

http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/...d.php?t=265216
Old 01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathe Friedrich View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this Nancy....I miss you
Thanks, Cathe. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. I love it when I pull out my Low Max DVD for my day's workout and see your encouraging words on it.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine1528 View Post
Hi Cheryl !

I haven't been to a Cathe RT before but I'd have to say don't worry what goes on - all I've ever heard/read is that it will be a blast.

I'm down in Gilroy and will be going to SD from SJ. Haven't set any arrangements yet other than one of my check-in pals will be my roomie. What did you have in mind?
Hi Jacque - I'm actually going down with my husband (we're going to stay and vacation after the weekend) but I just wanted to see if anyone from my area so we could connect when we get there!! I love the idea of someone else nearby also working out to Cathe at home!! Its nice to know I'm not alone in my "region"

Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheryl
Old 01-11-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathe Friedrich View Post
Aw Cheryl and all of the our other San Diego trippers...please don't worry. I can't express enough how laid back the environment is. It is truly a happy,sharing, and supportive community. No competition AT ALL. Not from attendees and not from me....we just laugh, do what we can, and sweat it out together. This weekend will be about sharing time with each other....not about getting in the best shape of our lives. I wouldn't even mind if you chose to sit out on and watch us if that made you more comfortable. By the end of the weekend many do that too. No pressure, no worries, no fears.....come, relax, laugh, and meet other Cathletes. Can't wait to meet you all
Hi Cathe and all - thanks for your encouragement! I know it will be great, just had to get that reassurance that we're all at different levels and some (like me) may need to modify or march in place from time to time!! Taking a class in my living room (pausing whenever I want) is certainly different from a live class! I can't imagine sitting out - don't want to miss any of it! I just finished your new Core Circuit workout and I kept up pretty well, gotta love those endorphins. Great workout but I don't know if I'll ever be able to do those "roll up" type ab exercises!!! I have a knee/leg injury that sometimes means I have to stop for a moment and also have to modify with low impact. I know everyone will be caring and not to worry - besides who is looking at someone else when you're too busy trying to do the workout yourself, right?! I'm getting excited! Its so incredibly beautiful there also - great location!
Cheryl