Trouble Porting Worker Blender videos to my iPod

hiho322

Cathlete
I have an iPod classic that I bought new last year (so it must be the latest version). I've never had any problems putting cathe downloads on there, but I just decided to do a Workout Blender version of the Abs portion of High Reps. It plays fine on my iMac, ports over and plays fine on my iphone 4S, but it will NOT go onto my iPod at all. Because there's so much memory, I put all my workout videos for travel on the iPod. I don't have nearly as much room on my iPhone. Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message when I try to bring it over from itunes? I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Annie

I have an iPod classic that I bought new last year (so it must be the latest version). I've never had any problems putting cathe downloads on there, but I just decided to do a Workout Blender version of the Abs portion of High Reps. It plays fine on my iMac, ports over and plays fine on my iphone 4S, but it will NOT go onto my iPod at all. Because there's so much memory, I put all my workout videos for travel on the iPod. I don't have nearly as much room on my iPhone. Anyone have any idea why I keep getting the error message when I try to bring it over from itunes? I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Annie

Bumping for an answer!

Hi Annie,

The reason that the newer videos will not play on the older-tech-based iPods (such as the iPod Classic) is that when we decided to go with the widescreen format for our videos, we also decided to no longer hold the quality of the video back for compatibility with the older-type devices. The iPod Classic is limited to 640x480 video with a low data rate. If we released our newest videos in this format for compatibility, it would have been a compromise and those watching them on AppleTVs or newer devices would have been disappointed in the video quality. That is why they play fine on your Mac and iPhone 4S but not the iPod Classic.

That being said, we do provide versions of the videos up to but not including CrossFire/ToTheMax that are compatible with the iPod Classic if requested. You will need to contact the Digital Downloads Customer Service and they will provide links to you to download the lower-quality files that will play on the Classic. I will let them know that you might contact them.

Last edited:
Hi, Curtis,

Thank you so much for answering my question, and I will definitely be in touch with Digital Downloads Customer Service about the lower quality file for my iPod Classic. How do I get in touch with them? Is there an email address you could give me?

Best,

Annie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.