STS cardio download problem

timea3

Cathlete
I just downloaded two workouts Athletic Step and HIIT 30/30 on my external hard drive. When I tried to put them on my IPod it sais "it cannot play on this IPod". I have all the other workouts on my IPod and never had this problem. Please help. :(

Timea

I did not get the email with the 12 uploads. I recieved a new pop up window and when the download timed out, the window disappeared. I am leaving to go overseas (military) and am now using an aircard (the download eats up the aircard). Two requests: one: please send me an email with the 12 and do you have any idea how I may download these with this aircard. Otherwise I will have to find a hotspot ASAP or forget the whole thing and say thanks for trying....

Thanks
Rhesa

I did not get the email with the 12 uploads. I recieved a new pop up window and when the download timed out, the window disappeared. I am leaving to go overseas (military) and am now using an aircard (the download eats up the aircard). Two requests: one: please send me an email with the 12 and do you have any idea how I may download these with this aircard. Otherwise I will have to find a hotspot ASAP or forget the whole thing and say thanks for trying....

Thanks
Rhesa

Emails with the download links are automatically sent to the email address the user specifies when purchasing. If you didn't receive your confirmation email I would suggest first checking your junk mail folder. If not there then you would have to contact our help desk and they will get back to you after the weekend.

As for using an aircard I would not suggest trying this method. Aircards don't have very fast connection speeds and many Telecoms limit you to only 5 gigs per month or less of download activity - that's only about 4 or 5 downloads allowed per month. Aircards also have trouble staying consistently connected on large file downloads. I'm not saying it won't work, but I'm not surprised if you have problems trying this and don't suggest using this method. We don't suggest using Air cards or wireless for our downloads. Instead you want to use a cable modem or DSL so that you stay connected without interruption.

Sure :)

I download the workout to my external hard drive, then drag the workout from my EHD into my IPod library. I did these steps with the whole Cathe library. Now they are on my IPod and EHD.
Today when I tried to drag the workout from EHD it won't let me do it, it sais just like I mentioned earlier "it cannot play on this IPod". I don't understand it worked before with 150 downloads. What happened now?
Just one question. Do I need to download Abode Reader 9? A window just poped up with this question.

Timea

I wonder if it is Itunes new upgrade. I got the same thing. So I went to the itunes help and read about how to put vidoes on the Ipod(in my case a touch). It said the video has to be converted to a usable format for the touch to use. I had to go to the movie tab, highlight the video, click the advanced button on the top, click on create ipod, or iphone version.

That is what worked and now have two of the STS cardio videos on the touch. Warning though, it takes a long, long time to convert the files to the iphone/ipod files.

Not sure why other videos play but these don't. I have never tried to put videos on mine.

Last edited:
I wonder if it is Itunes new upgrade. I got the same thing. So I went to the itunes help and read about how to put vidoes on the Ipod(in my case a tough). It said the video has to be converted to a usable format for the touch to use. I had to go to the movie tab, highlight the video, click the advanced button on the top, click on create ipod, or iphone version.

That is what worked and now have two of the STS cardio videos on the touch. Warning though, it takes a long, long time to convert the files to the iphone/ipod files.

Not sure why other videos play but these don't. I have never tried to put videos on mine.

Dorothy I could just ((((HUG)))) you!! Thank you so much for posting this solution! I have been trying to figure out what the problem was with my download for about an hour!:eek: I assumed it was "operator error" cuz it usually is:rolleyes: Before I bought my Cathe download I decided to install the new iTunes upgrade, figuring it would make things faster. HA! My Step Moves download is being converted right now. You weren't kidding when you said it's slow.:confused:

Again, thank you, Dorothy. Your post helped me a lot!

:D

Dorothy thank you soooo much. I am converting right now (it is slow :p). I will let you know if it worked.
Thanks once again.

Timea

I have three converted now, and am working on a fourth. It works, but sure is slow. Itunes had a warning that it was, so I figured it was. The size of the converted file is smaller, so they are compressing something.

Slow but it works!!

Just want to thank you again, Dorothy!! Step Moves is now on my iPod!! It took hours for iTunes to convert/compress it but it worked!! YAY!

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Thank you Dorothy, you rock ;). I have two on my IPod, I am converting the third one right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Timea

When you converted them did it remove the chapter points? I only converted Athletic Step (took forever) and the converted version does not have chapters--but it does work in my ipod classic, nano and touch.
Today I downloaded Hardcore Extreme Interval Blast and Legs and it transferred to my ipod without converting and has the chapter points. None of the STS Cardio workouts transfer to any ipod without converting.
All the STS Cardio downloaded really fast--the Hardcore Extreme was much slower.

I don't know. I checked to see if they would play, but did not check chapter points. They must be in a different format than previously. Perhaps because people were having a lot of difficulty downloading. The slow process does not rely on the internet(ipod file transformation) so no timing out issues.

I opened a Support ticket for this. They know about the problem and have a fix soon. Unfortunately I downloaded all of them already, not a major deal but it does take a good chunk out of my download limit and time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.