Low Impact Series - Not with Ipod Classics or Nanos?

mtngoat

Cathlete
Hi!

I purchased the downloads in the pre-order, and downloaded them last night. They look fantastic - love the graphics, your clothes, everything!

A problem has cropped up with a few of us. In order to sync the workouts to our iPod Classics or some versions of Nano, we have to 'create ipod version' within iTunes. This converts the video into a format compatible with our iPods.

However, the converted files do not have chapters, and are seemingly not compatible with the workout blender. (It is not really workable to create the premixes in the WB, and then convert each of these within iTunes. This would take hours for each one!)

Any suggestions? (It's not just older iPods - I was thinking of buying a new Ipod Classic to take advantage of the 160GB storage, but I think I would have this same problem.)

Thanks!

I was very curious when I read this, as I have an iPod Classic that is about a year old or so (I can't remember exactly when I bought it).

I have all of my Cathe downloads, including the new ones, in a subfolder of my iTunes folder, although I have only added a few to my iTunes library. But I have done both CycleMax and Low Impact Challenge through my iPod and was able to move between chapter points. I just checked and the chapter points are shown and labeled when viewed directly from iTunes.

I have not used the Workout Blender for anything but experimenting, so after reading this I created a four-chapter workout using the two workouts listed above. I then added it to my iTunes library and when I played it there it does show the chapter points. I did not go further and try to play it on my iPod.

I guess I don't have a real point or probably anything helpful to contribute, just that it seems on the surface to all work for me. Perhaps the generation of iPod makes a difference?

As a side note, I had been unable to use the Workout Blender at all until recently when I switched to Firefox as my browser. I have no idea whether that is coincidence or consequence.

I was very curious when I read this, as I have an iPod Classic that is about a year old or so (I can't remember exactly when I bought it).

I have all of my Cathe downloads, including the new ones, in a subfolder of my iTunes folder, although I have only added a few to my iTunes library. But I have done both CycleMax and Low Impact Challenge through my iPod and was able to move between chapter points. I just checked and the chapter points are shown and labeled when viewed directly from iTunes.

I have not used the Workout Blender for anything but experimenting, so after reading this I created a four-chapter workout using the two workouts listed above. I then added it to my iTunes library and when I played it there it does show the chapter points. I did not go further and try to play it on my iPod.

I guess I don't have a real point or probably anything helpful to contribute, just that it seems on the surface to all work for me. Perhaps the generation of iPod makes a difference?

As a side note, I had been unable to use the Workout Blender at all until recently when I switched to Firefox as my browser. I have no idea whether that is coincidence or consequence.

Thanks Nancy! My Classic is much older than that - it probably is a 'generation gap'.

I can download the Low Impact Workouts to my 1-year old iTouch without converting, but I would prefer to use my Classic (much more storage space).

(I have always used FireFox, and have no problems using the Workout Blender (other than some documented glitches.) It's just that the created files cannot be exported to my Classic without converting, which takes hours. I assume that the files created by the Workout Blender can be copied to my iTouch, but I haven't tried.)

It's good to know that if I ever get a new Classic (if they still exist when I'm in the market!) that my Cathe files will work - thanks Nancy!

I hope I can get them to work on my good ole workhorse that I have now too. ;)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to clarify for you what iPods are supported. Any current version iPods that support video will support our files. This includes all the iPod touch and Classic models that you currently see for sale at the Apple website. Going back in time, our videos will work on the following devices without conversion:
  • any version of the iPod Classic (this is specifically the model called the "Classic", not a generic term denoting an iPod in the "classic" shape and style);
  • the last released version of the iPod 5G Video (earlier versions will not support the bit rate and file size, but because Apple did not change anything on the exterior of the device except for a microscopic part number as the device was updated, it is very hard to tell which version you have);
  • and the last models of the iPod Nano (the short, squatty model, and tall curved-front model) before they changed to the current postage stamp size (that no longer supports video).
  • CatheDownload videos will also work on all iPod touches, all iPhones, and all iPads.
Our videos will work on the other iPods, however require conversion as you have all mentioned. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Thanks Curtis.

I just looked mine up - it is a 5th generation iPod which morphed into the 6th generation Classic (although video specs sound the same).

So am I out of luck?

Thanks for your reply, Lori

eta: (I have an iTouch that I can use, so all is not lost. I am just one of the rare few who so prefers my old Classic for video - battery life beats my new iTouch after 5 years of use, plus love the storage!)

Last edited:
How do I download my Low Impact Series?

I ordered the Low Impact Series with download and can't find instructions or an area where I should download, can someone point me in the right direction of help me out?

I'll keep looking around since the how to is probably right in front of me :)

Appreciate it.

Hello Lori,

It sounds like your older 5th generation iPod was one of the earlier models. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do other than use your iPod touch or let iTunes gradually convert all of your videos over for use on your older 5thG. I know it takes a while but it will work in the end!

Hello Lori,

It sounds like your older 5th generation iPod was one of the earlier models. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do other than use your iPod touch or let iTunes gradually convert all of your videos over for use on your older 5thG. I know it takes a while but it will work in the end!

Thanks Curt! (sorry for the delay - I just noticed you posted this).

I have been using my iPod Touch, and it has been working out well.

I have converted some in iTunes to use on my Classic, but unfortunately chaptering is lost during the conversion.

I created a TriSets Total Body workout using the WB - worked like a charm! (I have a question in another thread about older downloads and the WB, so I don't want you to think that I am just a complainer! ;) I think you have great piece of software there - just a few glitches still! I was a programmer/analyst so I know how it feels...)

Thanks for your response, Lori

Glad it is working out for you, Lori. I will check for your question in the other forum.

Thanks for your kind words about the Workout Blender! It has been quite a challenge keeping up with system updates, etc.!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.