How to play downloads on new generation Nano

exercise_guru

Hi! I just got a new ipod nano for christmas and I am really excited start using it! For 8 years I have been using my dvds to just listen to the audio portion while I do my weight workouts at the gym by converting the audio files. I would like to do the same thing using the downloads and my new nano. However, since I'm new to the whole ipod scene I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. As far as I know, the nano wont take the m4v files direct from the download because it doesn't play video. (please enlighten me if there is!)

Can someone recommend a way of doing this? I realize I could go for the i-phone or touch, but the size of the nano is whats appealing to me. Hard to move around fluently with the larger devices bouncing around and I really just need the audio with chapers .

I was thinking there is a file converter or a way to do it with itunes? I would just like to play the audio portion of the download (hopefully with chapter points and titles intact) on my nano.
THanks for any help!

Hello exercise_guru,

Unfortunately you are correct in that there is no way to play video on the newest generation iPod nano. Also, there are no audio formats that I know of that support chaptering from video files (Anyone know of one? Because it would be very useful in audio books to have the chapters available!), so extracting audio from the video files will not give you what you are after either, and obviously we don't support this. I think your best bet is to locate a previous generation nano so that you don't have the bulk of an iPod touch and still retain the ability to play the videos (even if you just listen to the audio portion).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.