Download technical questions

jaz050465

I'm interested in getting Xtrain and am deciding between the DVDs and the download version. I'm in the UK so download would save on postage and taxes.

If I get the download- can it be stored on my PC. Can you also tell me the size of the files as I'm not sure if my Ipad has enough storage. Can it also be stored on dropbox and just one workout pulled out at a time on my ipad.
Thanks very much.
Jaine

Hello jaz050465,

To answer your questions in order: Yes, the files can be stored on your PC, and this is what we recommend. Below is a screen capture showing the sizes of all the XTrain files for your reference:
XTrainFileSizes.jpg

And yes, you can upload the files to Dropbox and access and play them on your iPad. However, I would recommend not using the "official" Dropbox app for iPad because the video quality is not very good. Instead, try using the excellent free app Documents by Readdle. This app downloads the video to your iPad first then uses the standard player, so the quality is the same as if you had used the Video app to play it. You can then delete the file off of your iPad if you like after watching it. Here is a link to the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-by-readdle/id364901807?mt=8 (You might have to search for it in the UK iTunes store, however, since I can only provide the link to the US store.)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hi. I know this post is from a year ago, but I wanted to find out if downloading this app worked for you? I just tried it on my iPad and the files won't run at all. They downloaded as m4v files and I've had no success running them on any Apple product. I tried this app as another attempt just to get them to play. Did this work for you?

Hi,
Yes, I use the app (Documents) all the time. However, you need to copy the files from the Dropbox folder to the local "Documents" folder by tapping on the file and then tapping "Download." The m4v files are Apple's standard format for video files that contain chaptering, and are universally playable on all iOS and OS X devices. Not sure why you are not having success playing them, unless the files are not downloading completely, which would prevent them from playing. Have you tried downloading to your computer and playing them with QuickTime or iTunes? This would let you know if that could be the issue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.