Can't upload most recent files to workout blender

helened

Cathlete
Hello,

I had gotten the downloads of the most recent set of DVDs. I just went to use my HighReps download to make a premix and I realized that the workout blender won't use the file. I tried all four from that recent set and neither on of the four (Intensity, lower body blast, highreps and STS total body) would work with the blender. These files play fine by themselves with quicktime and such, it's just the workout blender which doesn't like them.

I downloaded the most recent version of the workout blender (08/15/11) as well as the most recent version of Adobe air. I am on a mac book (intel based from 2007) running snow leopard. This configuration successfully opens other downloads such as 30/30 but not the most recent set of videos. I have successfully made premixes with my other downloads in the past.

Also, I vaguely recall that we needed to re-download the files after they had been originally released (but I could be wrong on this one). I went to download them again with my coupon code for that order but it says it has expired.

I asked the help desk for help redownloading the files but they sent me here instead...... so here I am :)

Any help is appreciated.

Hello Helene,

You are correct that you will need to download newer versions of the four newest workouts. We made changes in the files themselves so that they would work correctly with the Workout Blender. Unfortunately, I cannot give you the re-download codes for those videos, but I will talk with customer service to get those out to you...I don't want to send you in circles! They are gone for today but tomorrow they will be in contact with you. Sorry for any confusion!

-Curt

Hi Curt!

It's no problem, I can wait, especially considering that I have had them for a while and I am only now trying to make a premix with them. :D

Regardless, thanks for the very quick reply!

And I love my downloads and the workout blender. It's been tons of fun to create my own workouts so thank you very much for putting those products together and making them available. :)

Okay, please explain to my how Helened can use the workout blender with her Mac and I can't? I haven't been able to use it EVER. Is there an update I don't know about?

Thanks,

Annie

Hi Annie,

I'm sure you've been trying to work this out for a bit. But just in the off chance it helps, I'll post what I am using.

I know that I couldn't use the workout blender running Tiger (MacOSx 10.4 I think). So I upgraded to snow leopard for $29 for this very reason. (I didn't upgrade to leopard first and I didn't upgrade any of the iphoto or such which allowed me to just spend the $29 on snow leopard and that's it).

I just did a mini premix tonight with the new WB to check and everything went fine ( I used segments from 30/30 and Drill max).

Specifics:
Workout Blender version 0.9.4
Latest version of adobe air (it prompted me for an update when I reinstalled the WB).
I have a MacBookPro running snow leopard (10.6.8 ) 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 1GB of memory.

Helene

Last edited:
I have a MacBook Pro (intel core duo) AND a pretty new iMac, both running Leopard (10.5.8). I refuse to go to Snow Leopard or Lion because I record from home and would have to replace my totally-working-fine MBox interface in order to use Pro Tools. So I'm staying with what I have (for now) and I really shouldn't have a problem with the Blender...but I do, and have, from the beginning. I have the latest versions of both the Blender and Adobe Air, plenty of memory, and still nada. Curt has been great, trying to troubleshoot, and what we've decided is that I have to wait until the next version of WB :-( It sux, and I bet someone somewhere could figure it out, but for now, I have to be patient.

Thanks so much for trying, though - I really appreciate it, helened!

Annie

Oh shucks! That is too bad.
The only other thing I do differently is I run everything off a USB drive dedicated to my Cathe videos. Even the temporary folder that WB needs I have pointed to that external drive. Final .mv4 file still ends up in my videos folder on the computer though because I forgot to change that in the beginning. So that's the only difference I forgot to mention in the unlikely chance there is a permissions issue on one of the folders.
I hope the new version comes out soon for you and fixes your issues. It's just strange.

Yes, it is totally bizarre, helened. I, have an external hard drive and maybe that would work for me, too? Worth it to give it a try. Thanks for the tip!

And if that doesn't work, then I'll just sit and wait...patiently...yeah, right ;-)

Annie

Hello everyone,

Just a status update to let you know that we are still working diligently on finding answers to everyones' issues. Being hit with OS X Lion, major updates to the encoding software built into the WB, and now Adobe AIR 3 (which actually eliminates some of the tools we count on for the WB!) set for release in the near future, things are changing rapidly! We'll keep you posted on updates.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.