Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

love heavy bag section

This is a discussion on love heavy bag section within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Love the heavy bag bonus - I add that to various workouts. I love this whole series. It's my favorite ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By knoxville68
  • 2 Post By ReneePruitt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Default love heavy bag section

Love the heavy bag bonus - I add that to various workouts.
I love this whole series. It's my favorite bar none.
Jo
Denise R, elsie3 and Jenniferlove like this.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

I agree! And hardstrikes is so fun.
Jenniferlove and knoxville68 like this.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Cathlete

I bought a heavy bag and suspended it from the ceiling for this and I am NOT regretting this decision. I was naturally attracted to it since I love kickbox to begin with, what a fun workout!
STS ... oh my #10 is looking good!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Gosh now u r making me want a bag!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM

Me too, Renee

Just wondering, Jo or DirtDiva, if you feel any pain or discomfort during this workout. I just worry that I will have pain or joint problems from the impact of hitting the bag (I know you wear gloves). Just wondering before I make any further purchases.

Vicky
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Cathlete

Vicky, I don' feel any discomfort striking the bag with the gloves I have. They are TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves (Leather) and have an amazing inner pocket for your hands. I also don't have to use any additional wraps for my hands. You can get these from Amazon and I think I paid $75 for them. The good is they are all leather and they do not have any weird smell and my hands stay very comfortable in them (plus they come in pink) . My heavy bag is a 70 pound Everlast (PolyCanvas) and I suspended it to the ceiling with a marine winch, and this is all personal preference as to how you want to strike at your bag. This way I could lower and raise it to my height or if I want to do kicks. It wasn't difficult thing to do, just a few trips to Fleet Farm for a hook, chain and winch, etc.

The routine is a stress reliever, there is something about hitting a bag, and its a great change up from straight kickbox. There is an investment here. I wouldn't buy the cheapest gloves, or bag either. I figure I put $175 in this with the hanging system, but I love the variety it brings to my gym. Also I'm able to lower the bag and drag it to a corner of my gym and its completely out of the way. The Wavemaster was a little bit too big and nearly every square foot of my gym is occupied, so that's why I went with a hanging bag.
STS ... oh my #10 is looking good!!!