Lean legs + Flex train

Justinef

Cathlete
I've really started to get into the new dvds now - it always takes me a few goes to 'click' with a new w/o. So today I decided to do Lean Legs and abs (with bonus barre) plus Flex Train. OWWWW!
I've found a way to get LL&A to work for me (similar weights to Cathe if shoulder presses are involved, more than double the weight if they're not). I used the BLUE firewalker band. This was OK for firewalkers, but the floor work for the outer thigh nearly had me in tears. It's when she says 'flex the foot, then thigh, now sky'. Just when I thought it was nearly over - it felt like someone was sawing off my leg with a rusty saw.:eek:

And yet I still continued onto Flextrain. It felt really good - especially as some of the moves were repeated. Again, I altered the weights used (much heavier except for shoulder work). The bicep curls had my arms alight!
X10 probably still my favourite, but only just!

I did these two back to back when I first got my dvds. I think they really compliment each other. I found that after doing flex train after LL&A, my quads were really talking to me the next day. I to changed some of my weight, mostly on LL&A. I didn't do all the shoulder work in there, so I just went heavier. I like that so much better. I don't think great glutes needs much tweeking, I like that one just the way it is, esp. with the bonus added on.

I agree that Great Glutes is, well, great, just the way it is. I feel it in a different place to other glutes workouts - less where the hamstring joins the glute, and more in the middle of the glute, quite deep. Perhaps the piriformis????
I'm not looking forward to how my quads feel tomorrow :eek: , but I've an STS shoulders, back and biceps day, so I'll cope!

I cannot wait to getting back to working out. I was replacing a privacy fence last week for about 4 days. While moving concrete, I strained my back, so I'm taking it easy for a few days to see how I feel. I've never hurt my back before, so this is new to me. I'll probably start with low impact first to see how I'm feeling before I do any higher impact.

I did LL&A this morning for the first time. Loved it. I added my 10 pound weight vest and used heavier weights for the moves not using the shoulders. Doms is creepin in right now

I did this combo this morning and loved it. The first time I did Lean Legs & Abs it didn't feel challenging enough but this morning I did Flex Train followed by LLA Timesaver 2 (no core) and used heavier weights and the blue firewalker. That did the trick! It definitely challenged me this time. I love it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.