Just Did Tabatacise!

Amie

OMG I am SO proud of myself. I decided to start with Tabatacise since I still had DOMS from
AfterBurn. I expected to MAYBE get through level three but I made it all the way through! Not to brag or anything. ☺ What a great workout! And I LOVED the music. I have read some negative comments about the music but I found it to be motivational and it made this over-40 feel young. (Never a bad thing). I know the music will sound dated in a few years, but so does the 80's and 90's stuff from some of Cathe's older videos and I still like working out to that. I'll take dated music any day over the boring (IMO) music in the Low Impact Series. (GREAT workouts. Just bad music.) So I give my first workout of XTrain a big thumbs up. And I can't wait to do the next one!

Have not tried this one yet.. But tried HS and disk1 of chest back shoulders. So far i love it all! I too felt younger.

Have not tried this one yet.. But tried HS and disk1 of chest back shoulders. So far i love it all! I too felt younger.

I am scared of HS's push-up/abs series. I'm afraid it will be my punishment for gloating about Tabatacise and my rewind button will get an overuse injury.

I did it yesterday

Believe me, I felt pretty damned proud of myself, at 63, completing the premix that included all five tabatas plus the core and back bonuses along with the 100 rep challenges.
I was sacked, but I know I can do this because I've been using Cathe workouts since she started producing them.
Wow, I loved it and felt great all day after doing it.

I certainly did not feel old.

Loneswaneast---You are incredible! I will be 50 in February, so it makes me thrilled to know that it's possible to continue working out with Cathe. You're an inspiration to all of us.

Loneswaneast -

I agree...I'm 48, going strong and have been wondering how my workouts will change as I age. I do a lot to prevent injury and keep myself flexible and strong, because I want to be doing Cathe and other advanced workouts for as long as I care to do them. Reading your comments is awesome!!!!!!

I'll be doing Tabatacize tonight...doubt I'll do as well as you. :)

Pam

Amie,

Did you start with Tabata 1 only, or did you go for multiple tabatas. I'm a little (a lot) scared of this workout!

Also, good music never gets old. I recently added to my ipod oldies but goodies from my childhood - Journey, Go-Go's, Psychodelic Furs, etc. Also, one of my favorite Cathe workouts - Bodymax 2 has awesome 80's music. Who doesn't love Jesse's Girl, LOL!!

Loneswaneast,
I bow to your awesomeness!! I am 100% sure I could not complete that premix.
:)

Elizabeth

Last edited:
Amie,

Did you start with Tabata 1 only, or did you go for multiple tabatas. I'm a little (a lot) scared of this workout!

Also, good music never gets old. I recently added to my ipod oldies but goodies from my childhood - Journey, Go-Go's, Psychodelic Furs, etc. Also, one of my favorite Cathe workouts - Bodymax 2 has awesome 80's music. Who doesn't love Jesse's Girl, LOL!!

Loneswaneast,
I bow to your awesomeness!! I am 100% sure I could not complete that premix.
:)

Elizabeth

I decided to go for it and played the option with all five levels. I did give myself "permission" to quit early if I got dizzy or started gasping for air without being able to recover within a reasonable amount of time. However, that never happened! I may have been subconsciously pacing myself. Who knows. But don't be afraid of it! Just keep moving. What good would a workout be if you could just sail through it without being slightly uncomfortable?

I don't have Body Max 2 but I may have to go order it. Who doesn't still have a crush on Rick Springfield? Good luck!

Haha....I love that in the Terminator Series she has "Buttercup" and an Elvis song! Always gets me going :)

loneswaneast,

You are remarkable. I turned 50 in March and have had to fight for the energy to complete cardio workouts that used to be so easy. I am hoping that focusing on staying on task with the workout schedule and concentratin on nutrition that I can change that. We are lucky to have these boards for support and people who are perfect examples of the ability to have a rich life at any age.
Vicky

Wow i love all,xtrain..but tabatacise when i did the workout i did one and two... Omg i dont think ill ever b able to do all five! U guys amaze me because i am scared of it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.