Inquiry About STS Cardio

fit_fairy

Cathlete
OK, so after the Eggland's Best event the word on the street is that filming for the project will not begin until September. I know that initially it was said September was the anticipated ship date. Can you give us some insight into this?

I am very interested in the answer to this question, too. I understand that SNM may not be able to give a detailed answer as to when Shock Cardio WILL be filmed and released... However, they certainly can give details about when it WON'T be released. I would appreciate any information, even if it is "Due to unforeseen circumstances, filming of Shock Cardio has been delayed. We have not begun rehearsals yet, we don't have outfits or cast picked out, and we are putting all of our eggs in the EB basket for now." Seriously, I'm fine with that answer--I just want an update, even if it is to update me with disappointing news.
What I don't want, and what is completely useless information, is an update that says "It is too early to tell you anything". That is never true. Give me bad news--it's better that being given nothing.

i was also wondering if the tour is going to effect the initial plans of the cardio series. is it pushing back filming/release? or at least some idea when we can have an update been nearly 3 months! i didn't expect filming within that time but usually we have an idea by now with past pre sales.

kassia

I guess I am out of the loop. I thought it was wtill going to come out in the fall. I did not anticipate when in the fall...But I am anticipating The Fall!

I hope it is not later. I was planning to redo sts then.

Rachel

Who said that? The only post I've seen mentioning it, was from someone who said late summer. That could be Sept. or August or even late July. I did a search, but couldn't find anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you.

Shock Cardio Rumors

OK, so after the Eggland's Best event the word on the street is that filming for the project will not begin until September. I know that initially it was said September was the anticipated ship date. Can you give us some insight into this?

I would hope by now that everyone would learn to ignore negative rumors about our presales. They are nearly always wrong. Remember all the untrue rumors about STS?

The release date for Shock Cardio is still the same as we stated at the beginning of the presale when we said not to order unless you were willing to wait patiently and that the earliest the DVDs would be ready is the "End of September"... with the most likely release date in the Fall.

We have not set a filming date yet as this will be one of the last steps we need to do in a list of many things as we get ready for the Shock Cardio filming. Since we own our own filming studio we don't need a lot of advance time to schedule a shoot. Heck, if Cathe decided she wanted to start filming in two days,we could make it happen. We will start filming only when Cathe feels she is 100% ready, the music is finished and the product is as good as it can be.

As Cathe has mentioned previously her time now is mainly spent tweaking and perfecting the routines and working with the music composers. This goes on almost 7 days per week and is the most time consuming part of the Shock Cardio project. Cathe works harder than anyone I know at perfecting her routines and we hope when you finally see Shock Cardio you will agree the wait as usual was worth it.

We too have heard the untrue rumor about how the Cathe Tour will push back the release date of STS Shock Cardio. This is just plain silly and probably started by the same people and stealth marketers that always start these negative rumors with every presale or positive event we announce.

The Cathe Tour is mainly a 2010 event. The only tour date scheduled for 2009 is Daytona Beach and this is a one weekend event and will not take any significant time away from the STS Shock Cardio project. If things go as planned we will have finished the filming, editing and authoring of STS by then anyway and you might even have your DVDs.

As a company we answer more consumer forum questions than any company I know. We're quiet now about Shock Cardio, but that is only because we like to wait until rehearsals to begin to start to tell the details. By the time rehearsals and filming end you will have seen more blog entries, pictures, forum posts and video from our presale DVDs than you have from any other company you purchase DVDs from.

When it comes to release and filming dates the first place the information will be posted is on our site, not some place else. If you see a film or release date posted on another site before it is posted on our site, you know that is just speculation and not based on any insider information.

I would hope by now that everyone would learn to ignore negative rumors about our presales. They are nearly always wrong. Remember all the untrue rumors about STS?

That's why I posted it- figured it was just a rumor and wanted to clarify. Thanks for your response.

thanks for the info SNM that explains at lot!

racheal-there is another board with a discussion about if the tour will affect STS cardio and somebody said they were in NYC and was told by either cathe or somebody at SNM that filming wouldn't begin until late summer/sept. but i took it with a grain of salt really i just wanted to know the scoop.

my concern was the tour WOULD effect STS cardio but just wanted to know how and clearly SNM has answered that for me so i am happy now :D

kassia

STS Shock Cardio Update

As Cathe has mentioned previously her time now is mainly spent tweaking and perfecting the routines and working with the music composers. This goes on almost 7 days per week and is the most time consuming part of the Shock Cardio project.

Chris:

Thank you for responding to this. I appreciate receiving an update every now and then. I have not been receiving Cathe’s e-mails since the website was updated (for reasons customer service has not been able to determine yet), so it is possible that I missed an update. What you shared in the quote above is the first time I have heard that Cathe is working with composers for this series. I love the STS music.

I have been waiting for another dancy step workout from Cathe for years. I am delighted to support Cathe through another preorder because I know her workouts are worth the wait. I was not expecting to receive these DVDs before Christmas as these projects historically take longer than anticipated. I am happy for Cathe to take her time. I am personally recovering from a flare-up of plantar fasciitis and need to work my way back to Cathe cardio intensity, but I do appreciate an update every now and then even if it is simply to let us know that Cathe is working with composers as you shared above. STS rehearsal pictures were shared soon after the presale started, and I have been hoping to see some kind of progress report. Thanks again for posting an official update.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Last edited:
Just for the record, it was not my intention to "call out" a specific thread or a person regarding the question I asked. As a matter of fact the comment I was talking about didn't even come from this forum at all ;)

Just for the record, it was not my intention to "call out" a specific thread or a person regarding the question I asked. As a matter of fact the comment I was talking about didn't even come from this forum at all ;)

i know :D probably like me, you just wanted to clear the air. glad you asked though b/c i feel so much better now that SNM had a response. i can't get to go events like EB tours or road trips so i am always afraid of being in the dark about new details about upcoming projects. kind of like last to the party and thought maybe since i wasn't at the EB event, i missed anything mentioned about the new series.

kassia

No problem at all. I just hope with this presale that everyone will remember to only listen to us when it comes to things like filming dates and shipping dates. The first people to know these dates besides Cathe and me will be the people on this forum. You will probably even know this information before our own employees know it.

Chris:

Thank you for responding to this. I appreciate receiving an update every now and then. I have not been receiving Cathe’s e-mails since the website was updated (for reasons customer service has not been able to determine yet), so it is possible that I missed an update. What you shared in the quote above is the first time I have heard that Cathe is working with composers for this series. I love the STS music.

I have been waiting for another dancy step workout from Cathe for years. I am delighted to support Cathe through another preorder because I know her workouts are worth the wait. I was not expecting to receive these DVDs before Christmas as these projects historically take longer than anticipated. I am happy for Cathe to take her time. I am personally recovering from a flare-up of plantar fasciitis and need to work my way back to Cathe cardio intensity, but I do appreciate an update every now and then even if it is simply to let us know that Cathe is working with composers as you shared above. STS rehearsal pictures were shared soon after the presale started, and I have been hoping to see some kind of progress report. Thanks again for posting an official update.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

You really haven't missed anything. Updates will not start until after rehearsals have begun. Sorry you're having problems with the email updates, but it is not because of the website changes. We use Icontact to send all of our emails and our websites have nothing to do with our bulk emails. I would suggest checking your spam folder, then your security software. The problem could also be caused by your ISP rejecting our email before it gets to you. You would have to check with them about this.

E-Mail Updates

You really haven't missed anything. Updates will not start until after rehearsals have begun. Sorry you're having problems with the email updates, but it is not because of the website changes. We use Icontact to send all of our emails and our websites have nothing to do with our bulk emails. I would suggest checking your spam folder, then your security software. The problem could also be caused by your ISP rejecting our email before it gets to you. You would have to check with them about this.

Chris:

Thank you for the response. I received all of Cathe’s e-mail updates and messages from that list until the website was updated. A friend forwarded an e-mail to me last week that I did not receive. I also did not receive the e-mail last week about the national tour. My e-mail address has not changed. My ISP has not changed. My security software has not changed or been updated in any way this month. I do not have the spam filter turned on, but I checked the spam folder and trash just to be sure. I tried to join the e-mail list again and did not receive the confirmation e-mail. Do you have any other suggestions? Nancy told me that she will have Josh investigate tomorrow.

Blessings,
Heather B.

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I do see that Chris is hopefully still monitoring it. In that Cathe is working with composers again for the music, I just wanted to say that I do hope the music will be "spot on" for the cardio. I know in STS you said we were all working at our own pace and that was fine, IMO, for everything except the warmup. The warmups were very much to the beat of the music and for M1 and M2 the steps and the music were off just enough to throw off the steps to the warmup. Honestly this was the first and only workout series that I can recall where the beats and steps were noticeably off. If you all are composing again after the shooting has occurred, please try to make it more in sync if possible. Thanks.

thanks for the info SNM that explains at lot!

racheal-there is another board with a discussion about if the tour will affect STS cardio and somebody said they were in NYC and was told by either cathe or somebody at SNM that filming wouldn't begin until late summer/sept. but i took it with a grain of salt really i just wanted to know the scoop.

my concern was the tour WOULD effect STS cardio but just wanted to know how and clearly SNM has answered that for me so i am happy now :D

kassia

I was in NYC on thursday, at the 10:00 AM session, and I don't remember anything about them saying filming wouldn't begin until late summer/sept...I could be wrong, but I don't remember that. Maybe it was at 4:30.

Anyway, we waited a year for STS Strength. And while I hope we don't have to wait that long for STS Cardio, it was worth it to me!
Barbara P

I was in NYC on thursday, at the 10:00 AM session, and I don't remember anything about them saying filming wouldn't begin until late summer/sept...I could be wrong, but I don't remember that. Maybe it was at 4:30.

there was a person(not on this forum i don't think) that mentioned they were told that at the NYC event so that is why i thought maybe some announcement was made or something came up about it. but i guess it was one person's misunderstanding b/c nobody else has mentioned hearing about it. at least SNM cleared the air.

i don't mind the wait i just hate waiting in silence LOL :p

kassia

Chris:

Thank you for the response. I received all of Cathe’s e-mail updates and messages from that list until the website was updated. A friend forwarded an e-mail to me last week that I did not receive. I also did not receive the e-mail last week about the national tour. My e-mail address has not changed. My ISP has not changed. My security software has not changed or been updated in any way this month. I do not have the spam filter turned on, but I checked the spam folder and trash just to be sure. I tried to join the e-mail list again and did not receive the confirmation e-mail. Do you have any other suggestions? Nancy told me that she will have Josh investigate tomorrow.

Blessings,
Heather B.

There really is nothing we can tell you without seeing a returned email. An ISP can reject an email at anytime because they think it is spam and you will have no way of knowing. This is common with bulk email list unfortunately. ISP's are constantly battling the spammers and unfortunately some good emails get rejected. Even though we follow all email rules it is also possible your ISP has blacklisted the Icontact server we send from. There are many possibilities, but the website change isn't one of them. We could turn off all of our Cathe servers and email would not be affected as it is sent from the Icontact servers. Lets just hope the next time we send you an email you get it. But I would also see if your ISP can investigate.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.