Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts

Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts This forum contains the latest information and posts about Cathe’s latest and upcoming workouts

Cathe I love LI +X Train Rotation!

This is a discussion on Cathe I love LI +X Train Rotation! within the Cathe's Newest and Upcoming Workouts forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I have been doing this rotation since 1/8, calculating my weights using 1 Rep Max. Already, after just starting my ...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM

Cool Cathe I love LI +X Train Rotation!

I have been doing this rotation since 1/8, calculating my weights using 1 Rep Max. Already, after just starting my third week I'm improving! Less knee pain, more endurance. Your Xtrain Series is simply the best, it's obvious you put your heart and soul into this series, and it's well worth the money. Between LI Series (my now second favorite) and Xtrain, I know I will be challenged and improving my fitness for years to come.

Thank you thank you thank you! You are the best!

Trina (longtime Cathlete)
Old 01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Cathlete

I'm doing the same rotation and loving it. Mixing up the cardio a little - did Hard Strikes this weekend. But this new series is effective and fun!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM

Agreed, the Xtrain workouts really add variety to the LI workouts. The only thing I did was replace LI Challenge with Afterburn because I was nervous about doing step the first month. I feel very motivated and I really look forward to my workouts!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

Would you direct me to the LI and Xtrain rotation? I don't think I saw that one. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM

Sure It's in the book as 90-Day Low Impact and Xtrain Rotation (or something like that). You can also download it to your Calendar in the Workout Manager
Old 01-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Cathlete
exercise-lover's Profile Fields

Great -- thanks!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Cathlete
beccajanern's Profile Fields

I just completed week 3 of this rotation and I love it! I didn't do 1 rep max testing, but I am getting to failure in Burn Sets.

NY25, what is the impact like in Hard Strikes? I noticed that is not in the Xtrain/LIS rotation and I was wondering if it was because of the impact. I had hip surgery last year and can't tolerate jumpy stuff.

I'm glad to see you all are enjoying this rotation as much as I am!
Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Cathlete
firemedic's Profile Fields

There are a lot of jumping jacks and jumprope. This is all high impact. You can probably modify to lower impact by not jumping but just lifting off your toes. There are no plyo moves, but there are pop squats and ice breakers and few others at the end of the cardio. The tabatas are no impact, because you are only using your upper body. The conditioning is light weights again, no impact. Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Cathlete

I am finishing up week one of this rotation! I love it.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Cathlete
beccajanern's Profile Fields

Thanks Firemedic! That does help a lot!