"uneven" strength

lala1

Cathlete
I *heart* STS!

1. In Meso 2, week 1, triceps flat bench extension. I used dumbbells and noticed that my left tri gave out before my right. Should I use a barbell or continue with my 70% max using DBs and expect my left to "catch up" to my right tri in strength?

2. In meso 2, week 1, biceps: my RIGHT bi gave out before my LEFT (the opposite of my tris). Is this usual, and should I lower my weights or again, expect my weaker side to catch up to my stronger side?

I have seen the identical problem during week 4 of mesocycle 1. I would like to know as well. I usually complete 3 less reps on the week arm.

The same thing happens to me during triceps and shoulder exercises. I know it's going to happen so I usually keep a lighter DB within reach. I do as many reps as I can with the heavier weight, and then finish with the lighter DB. I've noticed as I've progressed through the program that I can now do more reps with the heavier DB before needing to switch, so this method seems to be working for me.

Last edited:
I notice this with the concentration curls. My left biceps was at failure way before the right.

Saundra

funny!!!!ah

That happen to me as well, so what I do is push hard try to finish maybe with a little cheat, my left arm is the weak one so at the end, after a little rest, I repeat the exercise with both arms,I don't really know if that work but at least make me feel better....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.