Question on One Arm Rows

Mona S

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I love STS and cannot believe how fast the program is going and what a different I am seeing in my strength! During many of your workouts, you talk about imagining the muscles you are working while you are executing the movements. I am mostly sucessful at this until it comes to the one arm row. I am not sure exactly which muscles in my back I should be focused on the most. Are the lats correct for this, or is it more the center of the back? Would you please also highlight the differences between the normal row vs. a horizontal row?

Thank you so much! STS Rocks!!

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Horizontal rows target more of the rhomboid muscles, which are by the shoulder blades, on top of the lats, flanking the trapezius.

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Horizontal rows target more of the rhomboid muscles, which are by the shoulder blades, on top of the lats, flanking the trapezius.

Hi - I don't mind at all - thanks for the reply! Sunday I was looking around and found on the CatheTV that there is a exercise demo for one armed rows. Cathe gave an extremely detailed description of the exercise and the muscles highlighted in the animation also helped a lot. Thanks again for the response! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.