One legged pikes...HELP!!

NinjaMom

Cathlete
Cathe,

I would love some tips on how to master the one legged pikes on the stability ball. I have no problem with 2 legged pikes but when I attempted them with one leg, I could only get up halfway and just stalled out. Very tough!!

I got the giggles trying to do the ski move with the outer leg extended. I just couldn't stay on the ball!:eek:

Thanks for an awesome series. I'm starting the final week of Meso 1 today.

bumping...I made it through 1.5 single leg pikes and then started rollin' all over the place.....would love form pointers to master this quicker....

ditto for the ski move......i had a little voice in my head saying "going, going, goooonnnnnneeee" as I rolled around and off the ball :)

I can't even come close to doing the regular 2 legged pikes, I would love to see a demonstration of these on Cathe TV.

I tried those one legged pikes for the first time the other day and I couldn't even come close to doing them. I guess it gives me something to work towards.

Charlene

Cathe,

I would love some tips on how to master the one legged pikes on the stability ball. I have no problem with 2 legged pikes but when I attempted them with one leg, I could only get up halfway and just stalled out. Very tough!!

I got the giggles trying to do the ski move with the outer leg extended. I just couldn't stay on the ball!:eek:

Thanks for an awesome series. I'm starting the final week of Meso 1 today.

JJ - I just posted about these in the <--- thread! I cannot stay on the ball either for those ski moves! And the 1 legged pike - forget it! Maybe someday with my DH spotting me, I might be able to do them. I'm afraid I'm going to break something in the meantime though. :eek:

LOL Liann!! You'd think being ex-figure skaters, we'd have all the grace and balance necessary to perform these ski moves....NOT!! It was truly sad and funny at the same time:confused:

Regarding the pikes, whaddya think about using a double leg to get into a pike position then raise one leg and come down that way? Might help to get the feel for them. Otherwise, I think your idea of a spotter would really help. Maybe a little assist at that "sticky" point might be the ticket;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.