Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Cathe TV

Cathe TV Cathe TV is not an actual TV or cable show; it is our own web “show” that we have launched on our web site.

About Cathe TV

This is a discussion on About Cathe TV within the Cathe TV forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Cathe TV is not an actual TV or cable show; it is our own web “show” that we have launched ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default About Cathe TV

Cathe TV is not an actual TV or cable show; it is our own web “show” that we have launched on our new Workout Manager page. Use this forum to comment about any of our shows or to make suggestions for future shows. Cathe will answer at least one question every week from a forum member.

We plan on producing a wide variety of shows to help educate and motivate you in reaching your fitness goals. Each month we will upload a new monthly "Fit Tip" and "Muscle Animation". You can view these clips by going to the Workout Manager and scrolling down to the footer where you will see two players. Other shows will also be developed and feel free to make suggestions to us. We would love to hear your ideas.

Our Current weekly show was just launched and deals with helping you understand and use our new STS series. Each week Cathe will demonstrate in detail how to do certain exercises as well give you further instructions about the STS program. If you have questions you would like to see Cathe answer and/or demonstrate please use this forum to post your questions for Cathe.

The STS weekly show can currently be viewed in the Workout Manager by clicking on the STS Icon at the top of the Workout Manager page. The show is Free and may be viewed by all registered users.

Because of YouTube time restrictions the shows will sometimes have to be broken into several video clips of less than 10 minutes. Once a show ends just wait for about 5 seconds and the next part will begin to play. You can also hover your mouse over the player after clicking play and you will see little mini icons toward the bottom of the player that you can click to take you to the show you want to view.

We hope you enjoy Cathe TV and we look forward to hearing your comments and suggestions.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:51 AM
DeCathelete
fit_fairy's Profile Fields

Thanks for the info. In her post the other day Cathe mentioned that you can subscribe to the video and get an email notification when a new one is posted. Is that up and going yet?
Old 02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Cathlete
llp's Profile Fields

Wink

Thanks for making this CatheTV feature available!
It seems by looking at this Youtube clip from the Workout Manager that the screen is very tiny to look at. Is here a way to click on the TV to make the viewing screen larger? I couldn't figure out how to do it from your site.

I found by going directly to youtube.com then searching for the specific clip, I can view the clip at that website and see it on a larger viewing screen.

Maybe you could either provide a link directly(to save time going to a different website and performing a search) to youtube, -or- allow the capability to click on the video screen in your workout manager to see a larger screen and make the viewing easier.

I hope this makes sense!

Unfortunately I can't do STS yet(hurt my knee 3 weeks ago and doctor is limiting my exercise), but, I can read all about it and see the excitement!

thank you!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Cathlete

Cathe & SNM,
thank you so much for this feature. I enjoyed watching it and I appreciate the time you put into this. It really shows how much you care about your "peeps." I have now perfected my dead row.
Many thanks
Booboo
Old 02-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Cathlete
amyg's Profile Fields

I enjoyed CatheTV! Once I found it... on the Workout Manager page... on the STS page...

(P.S. Dead row isn't what a deadlift is, Boo!! I had those sooo confused for months, myself!! LOL, I still remember when the others teased me-- I could only think of "dead raises" and they said it sounded like a zoombie!! The deadlift Cathe discussed recruits hamstrings; dead row recruits your back muscles-- even though at one point your body is in the same bent-over position as a deadlift!)
Old 02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Cathlete
jtlane25's Profile Fields

Love the New Cathe TV! Great feature! Thank you sooo much!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyg View Post
I enjoyed CatheTV! Once I found it... on the Workout Manager page... on the STS page...

(P.S. Dead row isn't what a deadlift is, Boo!! I had those sooo confused for months, myself!! LOL, I still remember when the others teased me-- I could only think of "dead raises" and they said it sounded like a zoombie!! The deadlift Cathe discussed recruits hamstrings; dead row recruits your back muscles-- even though at one point your body is in the same bent-over position as a deadlift!)
Amy,
Thank you so much for reminding me. I was having a senior moment I guess. Yes, I meant the dead lift. That darn perimenopause has me sooooooo discombobulated!
Booboo
Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit_fairy View Post
Thanks for the info. In her post the other day Cathe mentioned that you can subscribe to the video and get an email notification when a new one is posted. Is that up and going yet?
Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_wxx-dN6NI

And then click on the subscribe button you see in the upper right hand corner.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Cathlete
dbelden1's Profile Fields

Default What happened to Cathe TV Week 1 part b???

I tried to watch the Cathe TV clip in both WM and YouTube, and it goes through the Part A no problem, but when it starts to play Part B, the screen states "We're sorry, but this video is no longer available"

what happened?

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities... brilliantly disguised as impossible situations!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Administrator

I just tested both the WM page and the YouTube page and everything is working fine. I'm not sure why you're having a problem?