International Shipping Discounts/Incentives

mjd

Cathlete
Not exactly an exercise product, but wish there were some type of shipping discounts for those of us non-USA Cathe fans. There's always a free shipping in the USA option for certain items or if you buy over a certain amount but I'm sure it still costs SOMETHING to ship these! Can there be some similar kind of incentive for international shipping?

Not exactly an exercise product, but wish there were some type of shipping discounts for those of us non-USA Cathe fans. There's always a free shipping in the USA option for certain items or if you buy over a certain amount but I'm sure it still costs SOMETHING to ship these! Can there be some similar kind of incentive for international shipping?

It's not really possible to offer the same type of deal to International customers. International shipping prices are much higher for us than shipping in the USA. International shipping prices also vary wildly depending on the country the product is shipped to and the weight of the package. We charge just a little more than the actual shipping costs and if you use USPS your shipping charges for a DVD is not very much. The problem is when the weight goes above 4 lbs the shipping costs start to skyrocket and this makes offering free shipping on International packages not practical.

With all of the coupons and quantity discounts we offer and pretty cheap USPS shipping our savings should more than offset any shipping costs you incur.

International Shipping Costs

I agree. I believe you lose significant sales due to very high shipping costs.

I disagree that we have high International shipping costs. If you select USPS you will find that shipping a single DVD is usually under $5 for most International customers and as little as $2.50. I'm not sure why you consider this a high price?

The shipping cost are quite reasonable but I was stung with custom charges. For 4 DVDs I had to pay an extra £20 (around $32) when they arrived in the UK. I could have bought a few more Cathe DVDs if I lived in the US! I know a cheaper option is to download the workouts - and i have done a few times - but I miss the premixes!

I disagree that we have high International shipping costs. If you select USPS you will find that shipping a single DVD is usually under $5 for most International customers and as little as $2.50. I'm not sure why you consider this a high price?

I should be clearer. Not for DVD's I agree that the shipping prices on DVD's are very reasonable. I just ordered 2 sets of 10 DVS and paid ~10.00 each time.

It is on the fitness accessories like Step and most especially the STS Tower that makes us internationals think twice or 4 times.

I realize it is UPS ect. that charges that much.

Personally, I would have 2 STS towers, slanted risers, steps and high steps if the shipping was not as high as it is. Instead I found a supplier in my country for everything other than the STS tower. Those are sales that would have gone to you if shipping was not as high. Not sure what the markup is on fitness equipment, but there should be a point where a discount in shipping would be justified by the profit made. Though I am not an expert in sales or marketing by any means.

As the OP said even some type of incentive or discount would help. Just my opinion not trying to make waves.

Unfortunately, there is just no way to ship something that is heavy like a step cheaply. It can cost us over $200 to ship a single step to a country like South Africa.

DVDs have great markups, but not fitness accessories. This is especially true on large items like a Step or Tower. We offer some pretty nice coupons and quantity discounts, but we have to cover our costs and make a fair profit. We would not be in business for long if we gave free International shipping on Fitness Accessories. There is just not enough profit. And with the price increases going on in China right now, the prices will only be going up on accessories in the next few months.

Thanks for the heads up. I had best get my tower sooner rather than later then. Next time it is the featured item, I'm in.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.