equipment

Autumn68

Cathlete
I would like to take a little pole as to what machines you all like and why. I have room for 2 machines and thought I might like to get a spin bike and elliptical. If you have either of them, please let me know what model you like and why. I have a great sub-division with hills and tree's so it's great for walking, so I think I'll not get a tred mill for that reason.
Thanks.
Autumn68:D

Hi Autumn, I have an eliptical and a treadmill. Both are Horizon Series. Eliptical is model CE6.0 and Treadmill is model CT5.0. They are not the top of the line but I believe both are next step down from the top. I was fortunate enough to have Santa bring them both to me last year!!!
I love them both. They both have good programs you can use or just manual settings.
They both have a fan.
The eliptical is very quiet. I can have the TV on "normal" volume and still hear it fine (over my heavy breathing of course) The treadmill is louder. The treadmill however is very light and easy to move around. It folds up neatly (the track folds upwards toward the console and hooks into place so it can stand on it's own) I fold it up in my workout room when I do a video to give me more room.
But it is a personal preference thing for sure. You don't want to put the money into a piece of equipment that is going to turn into a "clothes hanger" and you need to make sure you have the room. Treadmills do take up a lot of room if they don't compact easily. I do eventually want to add a bike to my room but I'll wait and add that to my Santa list for this Xmas (which is less then 6 months away now! LOL)
I do use them both, however, I can go longer on the treadmill (for now) and there are some days when I just want a light workout and the treadmill is much more inviting but I certainly get a better workout on the eliptical.
Hope that helps a little.

equipment choice

Well, after doing all the research, and seeing how much a decent elliptical will cost, I will only be buying one. Lots of people say, if your going to have one pc of equipment, elliptical is the way to go. Not sure which one yet, but at least know what I'm getting.
Autumn

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.