Cathe resistance bands...

rose2boys

Cathlete
I am so sad to say that i am not diggin' the bands. Am I the only one is a bit dissappointed? I want to LOVE everything put out by Cathe, but I'm not sure about the bands.

Over the years I have gone thru many a DynaBand, so maybe these are made thicker to last alot longer, but there is hardly any "give". And, they are hard to hold onto, so I find myself squeezing my hands so much it is distracting from the muscle I'm trying to work.

Maybe I just need to get used to the different material since I am so used to DynaBands. Or they need to be "stretched out" a bit before use...I don't know. Just my .02.

I have to admit I haven't used the new bands much. I'm still using my old Dynabands, pretty much for the same reasons you said.

The bands are a bit stiffer. They almost seem not long enough for some exercises because of this. But perhaps I just need to get stronger ;)

I have to part company with you on this one. I LOVE the new bands! Yes, they are stiffer, but I guess that's WHY I like them better -- they provide more resistance than Dynabands, and I'm guessing they won't have to be replaced as often. Now, I haven't actually done a full workout with them (I'm doing a kettlebell rotation right now), but I have tried a few shoulder and arm exercises with the green band and it was more work than the same exercises done with the green Dynaband.

And the resistance tubes are AWESOME!!! The padded handles alone make them well worth buying even if your old tubing is still in good shape. ;)

I have my pink, green & purple dynabands ....how does the resistance compare to Cathe's bands?

I would really like to know so when I'm doing one of the new dvds that she will be using them I'll have an idea of which dynaband of mine to use.

At this point my dynabands are still in very good condition so I have no need to replace them yet.

picture.php

Wow really? Hehe Thanks Catherine now I know which to use when she pulls out that green band of hers in STS

I thought about using the lighter bands. But I am just to stubborn to go backwards :) I think the more I use them, the more I get used to them. They are a bit harder to grip and I think that's a big part of the difference too.

Ha Ha Michele!! I did GSL floor work with the green one the other day. I was seriously considering opening the pink one :eek::confused:

Hi,

What about the length? Are they long like the ones shown in Cathe's current DVD's? I have bands....yellow,red and blue but they seem too short for some of the workouts. ie tricep kickbacks or firewalkers!

Thicker is better isn't it? It would last longer I would think.

Thanks for your help and comments.
Heidi

I haven't actually measured mine, but I think they are they same length as the bands Cathe has used before (like in the Gym Styles). And yes, thicker is better. But it's also harder LOL!!!

Hi Catherine,

Thank you for responding so quickly!

I just ran down cellar to measure mine and they are just 4ft! This explains alot of my troubles! I wanted to order Cathe's but was not sure on the size needed for exercises like tricep kickbacks and firewalkers. What is the length of yours and are they the ones now being sold by Cathe under "Cathe Gear/ Fitness by Cathe/ stretch bands and resistance tubing?

Thank you,
Heidi

I think they are 6 foot long and yes they are the ones sold under the Cathe Gear. You get 3: light, medium, and heavy. They are the non-latex bands. And yes, 4 foot is too short for many things.

Heidi I wouldn't trash the 4ft one yet-- you can keep it tied up and only use it for Firewalkers if you want. But definitely 6ft for everything else! ;)

Hi Ame,

I found with my current ones it was this that I had the most trouble with. It was too short to wrap/tie and have enough to hold onto without it becoming untied or my having to pull so hard it pulled on my legs. ;)

I just received my new Cathe bands and can't wait to try them out!!! :)

Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.