Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Support Forums > Workout Manager & Website Bugs

Workout Manager & Website Bugs Report any bugs you find with the beta release of our website and Workout Manager software here.

Calendar/Marking Workout "Completed"

This is a discussion on Calendar/Marking Workout "Completed" within the Workout Manager & Website Bugs forums, part of the Support Forums category;; I am still having to perform this procedure twice for every workout. I click "Completed" the first time and it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Cathlete

Default Calendar/Marking Workout "Completed"

I am still having to perform this procedure twice for every workout. I click "Completed" the first time and it says it is accepted. The calendar still shows it as scheduled. I go in again and click "Completed" and it it shows correctly.

With as incredibly slowly as the calendar loads, it's getting to be very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyAZ View Post
I am still having to perform this procedure twice for every workout. I click "Completed" the first time and it says it is accepted. The calendar still shows it as scheduled. I go in again and click "Completed" and it it shows correctly.

With as incredibly slowly as the calendar loads, it's getting to be very annoying. Is anyone else having this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Bug is confirmed. This was working correctly, but now seems to have a slight issue. We will get this fixed early next week.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Cathlete

So when you look at fixing this, a suggestion I posted on the other board. Have a box to mark complete when we add a work-out. I often do work-out , then add it, and instead of having to go back and forth, if I could just mark it complete when I add, it would save time.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Cathlete

Oh, and my observation of the OP bug. It is actually marking it complete, it is just not changing the color when it goes back to the calendar. My guess is the GUI is not getting reloaded, and the color is staying in memory because it was not refreshed.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Cathlete

Thank you for looking into this -- glad it's not just me! I have tried refreshing the screen in hopes it was just a cache problem, but it's not.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothyrd View Post
So when you look at fixing this, a suggestion I posted on the other board. Have a box to mark complete when we add a work-out. I often do work-out , then add it, and instead of having to go back and forth, if I could just mark it complete when I add, it would save time.
In our original design for the Calendar we actually had a dropdown with two values: #1 Schedule and #2 Completed in the “Add New” popup window. This design is actually very common on a lot of calendars nowadays.
The problem we found in testing on users was this seemed to confuse them. They either didn’t notice the dropdown or were confused what to do. Most made the mistake of thinking that selecting “completed” referred to completing the task of scheduling a workout, not actually completing the workout.
So. I have mixed feelings on this. I see your point for your situation, but I also have seen the downside to doing this. Perhaps a compromise might be to add a checkbox saying something like “if you have already completed this workout check this box” and also keep what we have now? Will this work for you.?
Old 08-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNM Videos View Post
In our original design for the Calendar we actually had a dropdown with two values: #1 Schedule and #2 Completed in the “Add New” popup window. This design is actually very common on a lot of calendars nowadays.
The problem we found in testing on users was this seemed to confuse them. They either didn’t notice the dropdown or were confused what to do. Most made the mistake of thinking that selecting “completed” referred to completing the task of scheduling a workout, not actually completing the workout.
So. I have mixed feelings on this. I see your point for your situation, but I also have seen the downside to doing this. Perhaps a compromise might be to add a checkbox saying something like “if you have already completed this workout check this box” and also keep what we have now? Will this work for you.?
Yes, just something that when I add the work-out, I can mark it complete as I add it so I don't have go back and forth. I envision this as a little bubble to mark as part of the adding process and don't really care for the drop down idea.