What to eat?

naynay

Cathlete
I am getting sick of eating the same things over and over. I can't seem to figure out what's healthy and what's not. I feel lost. I have read Tosca Reno's book the eat clean diet and I know what I shouldn't eat but I just can't enforce it. I eat apples and applesauce with almost every meal, breakfast has been hard. I am sick of oatmeal and just an egg doesn't fill me but I am very picky. and trying to keep my sugars in check is also very hard. Here is what a good day of eating looks like.

Breakfast- An egg with a cup of multigrain cheerios, oatmeal, or egg and toast

Lunch and dinner- Wheatable with port wine cheese and an apple or applesauce, Chicken with vegetables, tomato soup, A salad or spaghetti with sauce (no meat) Sometime I will have a sandwich but not often.

I also seem to binge a lot if I make cookies for someone I will eat a TON and then I feel really bad same with pizza I say just one slice or one cookie and I end up eating a ton. At parties I say stay away from the food or just one agin it doesn't work. Does anybody have any suggestion or help.

Thanks
Naynay

The only way I can keep food boredom at bay is to menuplan every single week and make things different. I might cook several batches of different soups (google soup recipes if you are tired of the ones you have) and freeze them in portions so I can pull something out for a healty lunch, dinner is usually something from the CE magazine or a healthy cookbook. It takes a bit more effort, but it has helped me stop feeling out of control when those cookies or what not are available and if has helped me get variety in nutrition I would never get otherwise. Take an hour on weekends to menuplan and make the shopping list, then shop and do as much as you can ahead of time. For breakfasts, may I suggest a green smoothie? Go to www.greensmoothiegirl.com for inpiration. I have recently started this and am loving it, so is my family.

Good luck!

I don't have any suggestions. I get food boredom too. My guts get mad at me when I eat something different so it's almost always the same thing every day. Boring. The only thing that's not boring about my diet is all the snacking on sugar. I love sugar!

People post a lot of recipes that sound very healthy if you like to cook or have time too.

I don't know if your interested in protein powder but I buy designer whey protein. You can do so much with it! I have a pretty big sweet tooth and I love to make peanut butter protein balls using the protein powder. I also will buy the wheat pasta plus with extra protein added. Some other things I eat are shrimp with the seafood dip. There's also a lot of things you can do with turkey meat if your getting sick of the same old chicken.

The same foods do get boring but the key is finding what you like. I like to do searches online for new food ideas so I don't get too bored.

RE;What to eat?

Hi,
An effective workout depends on many factors the most important one being your diet. What you eat before a workout prepares your body for the stress and the meal after that is responsible for muscle building and body repair.

All the best !

Breakfast: try 1 tbsp of cottage cheese melted into oatmeal while cooking and add cinnamon and stevia and it tastes like a cinnamon roll..... Try greek yogurt with berries and some vanilla protien powder.... Or try non traditional things for breakfast like a banana and peanut butter sandwich or a whole wheat cheese and spinach pita pizza!
Lunch: could be tomatoes and cucumbers chopped into cottage cheese with some basil.... Or try a whole wheat wrap spread with some hummus and cut up veggies.... Careful with applesauce, as it's alot of sugar. Maybe try refried beans inside a whole wheat tortilla with some salsa.
Dinner: grill, grill , grill... Grill chicken, veggies, potatoes in foil (palm sized thought- gotta watch those portions) and even peaches!
More ideas? Visit my website where I just posted a sample day meal plan that is free. Just go to www.getfitwithjodelle.com :)

Hello, I like trying recipes outta fitness magazines to give me a change, to find inspiration. I just bought the clean eating cook book so I don't caught up in a boring food routine. I look at it as a challenge and the nice thing is that I'm learning to make all kinds of stuff including my own sauces, glazes and relishes to really change the flavor of foods so that I continue to eat the right kinds of food that will help in weight loss and muscle support. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for all of your suggestions, I have been cooking a lot more now especially since I have more time. I have another question on how how to stop weekend eating. I work really hard and eat really healthy all throughout the weekend and I get in my workouts but come friday night, I get back from practice and I eat a ton and then I will get bored over the weekend or have a party or hang out with a friend and I end up eating awful and pretty much ruining everything I have worked for and sometimes more it seems. Today for example I started off the morning in kind of a rush and didn't eat a very good breakfast and then I ended up eating a ton of pita chips and then I didn't have a good lunch. then I went out with some friends to a volleyball game and then we went out afterwards and got milkshakes and I was like its not going to kill me and then I came home and I ended up eating more. Then I got a headache. I Don't understand why I eat all the sugar and bad food when I know it will make me feel sick especially if I eat too much. I am so disgusted with myself but I know that to change it I will need to be honest. Any suggestions on how to stop this horrible cycle? and to work on my self control?

The best way to stop those unhealthy binges is to decide that you are worth putting in the effort to prepare food to take with you and make good choices when dining out or decide that you are not worth it. I'm hoping you realize that you are worth it and that your health is worth it.
1. You need to start carrying a small notebook and honestly write down all you eat or better yet get some sort of phone app like my fitness pal that tracks your calories and your exercise. You'll b able to see that on non workout days you are probably eating far too much ( weekends) and on workout days you are too. Typically people are too busy to eat thru the week and then over the weekend they rest and overindulge at events and gatherings.
2. Start packing low carb snacks with u that have high satiety level with the healthy fat and protein. Things like nuts, mini babybel cheese, jerky sticks, protien shakes, nut butters, etc. These things satisfy cravings ahead of time as they keep you fuller longer.
3. Have that once a week cook day and prepare healthy things for you for when you get home from a long day and are tempted to eat chips and quick prepackaged processed foods. Instead if you have chicken breast already cooked up and sliced up and you can top it with salsa and cheese and voilà - dinner is served.
4. Finally drink a full glass of water before you ever eat anything. Alot of times Dehydration can be mistaken for hunger. You may also try adding 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to ur water and some stevia to make a sweet drink that conquers cravings ad controls blood sugar.
Hope that helps!

Thank you! I have done pretty good this week, I did overindulge at a party but I am going to get back on track and be better prepared to eat something small before I go to any event.

eat low normal exercise is good for everyone and make you fit and smart . and not increase fats and keep healthy.

What to eat

The information you have provided shows that you always eat plenty of food.I advice you to eat what ever suits you(mean your health).Different lists of healthy foods and there alternatives are available.Get them and make a menu plan for a week.It gives you variety.

1.Take a big breakfast so that you not as hungry during the other meals.
2.Learn new recipes to keep things interesting in the kitchen; variety is the spice of life!

Thanks everyone!!! I am eating a lot better and finding new ways to cook and losing fat!! The bingeing is getting better too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.