Thinking of ordering nutrition software

I just bought the 30 days option to try the software, yes it has vegan options. So far I love this software. I had been using a free site, but this one is much better.

Love this software

I debated about buying it, but decided that I'd give it a shot for a month. It's excellent. I love how it gives me ideas of what I should eat to make up my deficiencies. There are 2 things that aren't perfect about it, though. It doesn't have a really big database of foods and sometimes I have a hard time finding the "closest" thing, and when I do a custom food using the nutrition label from something I've bought from the store, the complete nutritional information isn't there. So I'm being shown that I'm deficient in some vitamins and Omega fats, when I really have no clue because they aren't required on the labels. The other downside is that it's making me a little obsessive to get all A's. I may actually have the A's, but don't know it because of the first "problem" I mentioned.

I've only been tracking for a week and back into working out and watching my diet for 2, but I think this and the workout manager in general are a must-have. Seriously... I really am getting many more fruits and veggies in my diet than before, just because I can see what a difference they make.

I got an App on my iPod and this is MUCH better.

MidgetDogg,
Thanks for the review. What kind of foods aren't on there? If I'm always having to find a substitute it probably won't be worth it to me. I can see me also being obsessive about the grades. What's the App you got for your iPod?

Missing foods

Well... for instance, it's sort of generic. For instance, 100% whole wheat bread. It gives you options of sizes, but the bread I buy doesn't fit any of the 3 choices. You can buy things that have different nutritional values. Not a BIG deal, because you can put custom foods in there. The only problem with that is not all of the vitamins & minerals the software grades is included on the nutritional labels as an FDA requirement.

I solved the problem by taking a multi-vitamin. I have a tough time getting my Potassium where it's supposed to be and it's almost making me nuts! And wait until you throw some shrimp on your menu! The cholesterol is through the roof. But since I don't have a cholesterol problem, I don't care.

It's a very good way to get you on track with your eating habits. Mine have taken a complete turn-around in the couple of weeks since I subscribed and I feel much better about myself.

Just take it on a month-to-month basis. I think that's the smartest way to go.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.