Flat Belly Diet

Autumn68

Cathlete
Has anyone tried the Flat Belly Diet (a book offered though Prevention magazine)? I see it's a cookbook for $20 and there are recipes, support forums, etc. It looks like it would work well with working out, but I wanted to make sure it isn't a scam.
Thanks, Autumn

Autumn, I have the book but don't follow the plan. I tend to "collect" books like this one for the recipes and meal plans. Plus, reading them keeps me motivated. :) I like the suggestions the book gives for breakfast, lunch... It gave me some new ideas and has helped keep my meals "fresh."

The book has some great recipes and meal plans. I like the thought behind the plan and have tried to incorporate those principles in my own eating. I do think the whole marketing ploy about eating a certain way and getting a six-pack is a bunch of crap. If you eat clean, then of course, you'll lose weight, but not just in your abs, and maybe not even there first!

HTH

HTH, Thanks for the info. I believe in having a balance of eating right and working out. My thought on it was that if you can eat the right foods and put the right foods together all the more to help assist in weight loss. I am having a hard time loosing even with daily workouts since having a hysterectomy. I'm not eating perfectly, but I'm not eating horribly either. But it's easy to just follow a plan.

I don't have the book, but the magazine has been publishing a few recipes from the book or according to its principles every month and I have tried those. There are some recipes on their website as well. I have enjoyed them and so has my family, they are healthy and balanced, although the calries go up quickly when you add a full serving of fat at each meal. Since I eat five times a day I can't do the full menus every time because that would put me over on the calorie intake, but the recipes are easy to modify and pretty fast for those busy nights.
Can't say that I have seen a flat belly bonus from eating that way though...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.