Crystal Light

I don't think it will have a negative effect on weight loss, but I would be concerned about some of the ingredients like Aspartame (artificial sweetener associated with several health concerns http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/hidden_dangers.htm ), artificial colors and artificial flavors.

Emergen-C is a healthier alternative.

Thanks Kathryn...i just went to the website and there shipping me some samples. Can't wait to try it! I use crystal light sometimes and it was giving me a headache:confused:

Just a quick question having to do with the Emergen-C...each packet has 1000mg of vitamin C, and each packet is to be mixed with only 4 - 6 oz. of water according to the instructions. Does anyone try mixing one packet with 20oz bottles of water, is it watered down tasting? Also, if you wanted to have several packets (or mix several packets to fill a 20oz container), can that much vitamin c have an adverse affect?

Kay

I've never thought about using Emergen-C as a drink mix. I've only ever used it during cold and flu season to help prevent colds, or ward of ones I feel coming on. I don't know if I personally would drink it with my daily water consumption, but one per day is probably fine. Vitamin C is something you just get rid of through your urine when you get an excess, although too much can cause diarrhea. There are also other vitamins included, but none seem to be the fat soluble kind (these are vitamins like A and D that you can overdose on). You just might want to compare the ingredients and see if you are getting any of them in a daily multi. But one packet of Emergen-C per day is probably fine, and it's definitely great to have on hand during cold and flu season.

Just a quick question having to do with the Emergen-C...each packet has 1000mg of vitamin C, and each packet is to be mixed with only 4 - 6 oz. of water according to the instructions. Does anyone try mixing one packet with 20oz bottles of water, is it watered down tasting? Also, if you wanted to have several packets (or mix several packets to fill a 20oz container), can that much vitamin c have an adverse affect?

Kay
I usually mix a pack with at least 16 oz of water, and sometimes with a quart of water. It actually doesn't taste that watered down to me.

The side effects of too much vitamin C are loose stools or diarhea (sp?!) and having to urinate a lot as the body gets rid of the excess (it isn't a fat soluble vitamine, so any excess is excreted).

I only take Emergen-C during, uh...emergencies. Extra vitamin C gives me chancre sores, and it can interfere with birth control.

--It's great for hang-overs, but I haven't had one in years.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.