Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Nutrition Forums > Diet and Nutrition

Diet and Nutrition General discussion about diet, weight loss, nutrition and healthy eating.

Coffee?

This is a discussion on Coffee? within the Diet and Nutrition forums, part of the Nutrition Forums category;; Does anyone know about normal coffee consumption, I'm pretty sure I drink too much, health-wise, how many cups is okay? ...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Cathlete

Default Coffee?

Does anyone know about normal coffee consumption, I'm pretty sure I drink too much, health-wise, how many cups is okay? I know green tea is what I probably ought to drink, but I can't seem to make the switch, I even tried Dandyblend & kaffree Roma, both coffee substitutes, but I always end up going back to the real stuff (all this caffeine just can't be good)

Any suggestions?

Linda
Old 01-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Cathlete

2-3 cups should be ok. Alot of people actually consume a cup pre-workout. Caffeine does have some health benefits. Like with anything....moderation. You are right, green tea is good for you. I drink a cup of green tea with my breakfast and take a cup of coffee with me to work.....best of both worlds!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Cathlete
gonnabea5's Profile Fields

I second what Sonya said. I always have coffee before I workout.
Danas_gettin_fit likes this.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Cathlete
Pinny150's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to Pinny150

I always have one cup in the morning....the problem was drinking it at work. So on days that I work, it's tea only @ work. On my days off /when I'm with my mother, I will allow myself the second cup. I was also getting nusto with the caffeine. To be honest, even though green tea isn't my absolute fave, it's not THAT bad and I do feel better for longer lately! I made myself make the switch, and truth be told, with me it was more about the habit of having a mug in my hand and sipping from something....lol

Iris

Old 01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinny150 View Post
I was also getting nusto with the caffeine. To be honest, even though green tea isn't my absolute fave, it's not THAT bad and I do feel better for longer lately! I made myself make the switch, and truth be told, with me it was more about the habit of having a mug in my hand and sipping from something....lol

Iris
I think that's what's happening to me
and I was having a cup before working out,
and after
and afternoon gosh when am I not drinking coffee?

thanks for the input...green tea, I better just start...tomorrow...I've already messed up again today

Linda
Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Cathlete

I have a cup before I workout, because I need it, then that is it for the day.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Cathlete

Yesterday had green tea in the morning, I'm trying a divide and conquer approach to cut back, the morning was when I was drinking the most, so I just tried to cut that first, and today the same... so far, okay but it's only 2 days, my workouts are now changing a bit with more cardio in the morning, and some more steady state during the week, I didn't miss that morning bit so much yet.

time to take the pooch:

Old 08-06-2010, 06:20 AM
Cathlete

Update....

I've found the middle ground, Chock full o' Nuts "1/2 the caffeine" right on the front of the can, yep, going down the grocery isle, and there it was! perfect. When did they start making this? all that matters, it's here now

Can't even tell the difference.

Small steps.....

Linda
Old 08-27-2010, 02:57 PM
DeCathelete

I always have atleast one cup of coffee every single morning and it's DEFINITELY before my work out or I would be useless.

Wendy
Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Cathlete

I still have coffee in the morning, I wondered whether the the caffeine is good though, hence cutting down on that. Seriously thinking of switching to green or black teas, I like the Earl grey & English styles, a good swap for black coffee.