Warm Pear Cobbler (or apple)

banslug

Cathlete
OK, not to top Cendrine's previous post with her yummy apple pie and yummy-sounding crust.....but we (the 6 Monthers check in gals) have been discussing apple pie and I shared with them a Pear Cobbler recipe that I've also made with apples. I thought I'd share it with the 'general population' too.

I prefer cobbler or crisps over a pie for 2 reasons: 1...since there is no crust, it's lower in calories, fat, etc and 2...I personally prefer having my 'crust' or crisp on TOP of my fruit (just a personal preference). Here it is:

Warm Pear Cobbler

Non-stick cooking spray
3 medium pears, peeled and sliced (you can also sub apples here)
2 T packed brown sugar
2 t flour
2 t lemon juice
¼ t ground cinnamon
¼ C flour
¼ C whole-grain wheat flour
1 ½ T unpacked brown sugar
½ t baking powder
1 T reduced-calorie margarine
½ C buttermilk (I sub skim milk here)
1 T powdered sugar

• Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8” square baking dish with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, combine pears, 2 T brown sugar, 2 t flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss to coat pears and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
  • In a medium bowl, combine the remaining flours, remaining brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and toss with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
  • Drop 4 heaping tablespoons of dough onto pear mixture.
  • Bake until crust is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar.

Yields 6 servings, 2 (WW) points each (which, generally speaking, equals 100 calories per point)

Original Source: www.weightwatchers boards

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.